too quiet here

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: too quiet here
« Reply #20 on: 22 Nov 2007, 12:43 am »
Yup, new system, new apartment, no money...  but the sound is very good.

Thanks for your concern, though  :roll:

Dave

Louis O

« Reply #21 on: 22 Nov 2007, 01:32 am »
Hi,

Thanks Vinnie for all you have done and I really appreciate it.

Getting to the felt, I will try out a ring of some sort and can have them die cut. I will look into it and have them made. This will be an in the shape of a doughnut and will have a PSA backing. Easy to install.

All the new stuff including an OB alnico based speaker with powered bass is a reality and more to come. I'm also looking into twin driver subs and the 6" full range is whizzerless.

Thanks,
Louis

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #22 on: 22 Nov 2007, 01:45 am »
Louis, I'd be happy to send you some felt, I have plenty of extra. I'll pm you my email address.

The OB speaker sounds like a nice option, I was pretty much set on a bi/dipole set of 4.5" speakers when I can move into a bigger space.

I hope all your parents are doing well!

Dave

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #23 on: 1 Dec 2007, 03:09 am »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #24 on: 3 Dec 2007, 11:27 pm »
Louis-  Jim Goulding here.  Save this message for the time you can get back to work and thinking ahead.  I read your post as regards the use of felt around your drivers.  You might care to read some pretty extensive info about this at www.speakerdesign.net (scroll to the bottom of the second page).  I would be pleased to supply this to you if we could reach an agreement.  I'm not a fan of self adhesive backing myself.  It is too restrictive for the user.  l would propose a rectangular piece that would be more visually appealing in keeping with the right angles of your base design.  Best wishes for Omega and for you and your family.  Jim