Hemps & The Girl in the Other Room!

Alwayswantmore

Hemps & The Girl in the Other Room!
« on: 9 Oct 2007, 09:14 pm »
There are times my Compact Hemps (w/ Omega's latest Hemp drivers) and sub (ACI Force XL) just blow me away with how real they sound! Its like Diana Krall, her piano, and the hollow body electric guitar or are in the fricking room!

My rig is good, but by no means top-of-the-line (Wadia 830 with factory upgraded 2nd power supply), Oritek X-2 (a relatively unknown cable from a very, very small vendor, but it's pretty d*mn good for a mere $650  :duh: ), and RWA Sig 30 -- patiently waiting for the right time to earn its .2 badge.

Recently I picked up Diana Krall's "The Girl in The Other Room" at a used CD outlet. Perfect condition and perfect sound -- and it sounds soooooooo real on my rig!

P.S. Beyond the rwa .2 upgrade, I hope someday to also hear Diana's bass player through my system including the Deep Hemp  aa

Thanks Louis and Vinnie for making such great gear.

Alwayswantmore

Re: Hemps & The Girl in the Other Room!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2007, 02:40 pm »
Forgot to mention in 1st thread. I'm using Anti-cable for speaker wire. Have not tried any other cables with these speakers. At some point I hope to hear Louis's recommended Hudson Audio.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2007, 03:32 pm »
I have the XRS speakers, and heard the Maxhemps smccul has... they are pretty amazing speakers.  :thumb:   When I move into a bigger space they are at the top of my list.

I use anti cable speaker wire as well. I have tried other magnet wire, and a couple of cat5 variants...  The ac is the best I've used so far. Their ICs are very good too. I made a variation on the ac ICs using 28g 5n silver / cotton wire for the signal wire to good effect. The geometry is significantly better than a regular twisted pair, imo.

Dave

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2007, 02:11 am »
P.S. Beyond the rwa .2 upgrade, I hope someday to also hear Diana's bass player through my system including the Deep Hemp  aa

Hey Alwayswantmore,

Nice to hear from you. 

Between the 30.2 upgrade and the DeepHemp, you are going to freak out!  :drool:  :singing: :hyper:

Glad you are enjoying your Omega / RWA system!

Happy Listening Always,

Vinnie

Louis O

« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2007, 12:04 am »
I second Vinnie's post and many thanks. I have haerd the anti cables and really like it too.

A lot of new updates are coming soon to the website and will include the Deephemp and a tower version of it as well.

I'm thinking of having a section called Custom Shop and oput together combos.

Thanks again,
Louis