Salk Speakers Across the Border to Canada

Wes the Beer Guy

Salk Speakers Across the Border to Canada
« on: 25 May 2020, 12:39 pm »
Hi everyone:

I live in Ontario (Whitby) and have ordered Song 3s. I was wondering if any of you have gone through the cross border procedure. Due to the Covid border lock down, the option of driving to the Salk facility will probably be out of the question for a few more months.

At this point I am thinking of having the speakers shipped to a courier pickup depot at Windsor and then picking them up there. This will save possible personal hassle at the border and save on shipping as the quote for the delivery to my house is crazy expensive.

Have any of you done something similar? I would like to hear of any other options or your experiences dealing with bringing them across the border. I am assuming that there will be tax to pay but probably no duty.

Thanks and Cheers to you all!

PSB Guy

Re: Salk Speakers Across the Border to Canada
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2020, 02:27 pm »
I live in Oshawa and I had my Songbirds delivered by freight truck in 2012. I think it added about $400 to the cost of the speakers in the end. This was when the dollar was at or close to par. Those Song 3's are also quite a bit heavier than the Songbirds. If I was to buy Salks again, I would probably just pick them up myself. Given the circumstances we are in now, taking the drive to Windsor sounds like a good idea.

Cornelis