Next up...California Audio Show

jsalk

Next up...California Audio Show
« on: 15 Jun 2010, 12:16 pm »
We just committed to appear at the California Audio Show, July 30th - August 1st in San Francisco.

We will probably be traveling light this time around with perhaps one or two pairs of speakers.  But it should be a great time and a good chance to meet up with our West Coast friends.

Here's a link for additional information:
http://www.caaudioshow.com/

See you there!

- Jim

K Shep

Re: Next up...California Audio Show
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2010, 12:43 pm »
That's great news Jim.  Since owning the SongTowers I've had the opportunity to sit in front of HT1-TL's, HT2-TL's and HT3's.  I'm guessing I'll have the opportunity to sit in front of the SoundScape's?

I look forward to meeting you in person.

Kirk

Nuance

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2010, 02:05 pm »
I really wish I lived on the west coast...

Have a great time, Jim and crew.  You'll knock 'em speechless!

cacophony777

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2010, 04:31 pm »
Awesome, looking forward to it!  :D

TheChairGuy

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2010, 05:40 pm »
Alright - I'm in - see you there, Jim :thumb:

I look forward to hearing what all the fuss is about your designs :wink:

John

bigbwb

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2010, 10:21 pm »
I really wish I lived on the west coast...

Have a great time, Jim and crew.  You'll knock 'em speechless!

Road trip Brandon?  One of these days I think attending one of these Audio fests would be blast!  I would seriously consider doing it!

greenhouseman

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jun 2010, 11:09 pm »
Possibly CES in your future? We would love to have you here in Vegas :D

K Shep

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2010, 11:45 pm »
Road trip Brandon?  One of these days I think attending one of these Audio fests would be blast!  I would seriously consider doing it!

I just mapquest'd your trip...32 hours from WI to the Bay. 

bigbwb

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2010, 11:47 pm »

Thats it;)

Heck, we can travel through Vegas as GHM suggested and make a week out of it!  An audio sabbatical if you will :green:

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2010, 12:44 am »

And 32 hours back.  I say start looking for cheap flights. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #10 on: 16 Jun 2010, 12:58 am »
And 32 hours back.  I say start looking for cheap flights.

Thinking about going Dennis?

jsalk

« Reply #11 on: 16 Jun 2010, 01:11 am »
Possibly CES in your future? We would love to have you here in Vegas :D

I'd love to go.  But I think CES is designed more for larger companies with dealers.  It is quite expensive and being a tiny little company, we'd probably get lost in the shuffle.  But if we keep growing...

- Jim

Nuance

« Reply #12 on: 16 Jun 2010, 02:20 am »

We should definitely plan one!  I'd just need enough time in advance, of course (as would all of us).  RMAF would be cool, but my youngest daughter's birthday party might be that weekend (her birthday is the 11th of October).  I am waiting for the wife to let me know.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jun 2010, 02:54 am »
Thinking about going Dennis?

'fraid not.   I've got lots of social responsibilities that weekend.  House guests.  Hosting a musical event.  But I do hope to make it out to Oregon in September for a mini audiofest, and to Denver in October for the Big Hog. 

Mudslide

« Reply #14 on: 16 Jun 2010, 03:15 am »
We should definitely plan one!  I'd just need enough time in advance, of course (as would all of us).  RMAF would be cool, but my youngest daughter's birthday party might be that weekend (her birthday is the 11th of October).  I am waiting for the wife to let me know.

And the fun just begins on the west coast with CAS.  Great Northwest GTG anyone?!   September 18th.  Lincoln City, Oregon, right between the tall timbers and the ocean on the central Oregon coast.  Mmmmmm....... :D 

We have the best mini-convention in the land.  Well....at least I think so.   :eyebrows:   (Here is last year's wrap-up thread.... http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59584&highlight=oregon+gtg.) It's a relaxed atmosphere and a great chance to vacation at one of the most beautiful parts of the country and perhaps make some new friends.  This year we will have a little different format, though.  It will be more performance evaluation oriented than show-like.  Nevertheless, we have some surprises lined up.  Perhaps a brand new, top of the line speaker from a major manufacturer, a Limited Edition model to be expressly marketed in conjunction with the event, lots of the usual freebies, including lunch, etc!  Keep your eyes open for further details as sponsorships are finalized.  I even have a hunch we just might be visited by a pair of Salk speakers we don't talk much about, and maybe even a certain crossover designer.... :wink:

While we had ~60 people last year, this year's event will be very limited with regard to attendance.  If you are interested in attending, PM me soon.

bigbwb

« Reply #15 on: 16 Jun 2010, 03:23 am »

I am game if it would work out time/date wise.  Would definitely be quite the experience!  I am gone though over October 11th in Florida, but if there is another gathering elsewhere, I am interested.

On a side note, hows that new amp?

B

Nuance

« Reply #16 on: 16 Jun 2010, 01:41 pm »
I am game if it would work out time/date wise.  Would definitely be quite the experience!  I am gone though over October 11th in Florida, but if there is another gathering elsewhere, I am interested.

On a side note, hows that new amp?

B

The Oregon GTG is at the top of my list too; that one is in September, as RJ mentioned.  I am also waiting on the wifey concerning that one.

The new amp is great!  I posted my short (for me) impressions in the General Audio forum here on AC and in our amp/preamp thread at AVS (the long one).  I would love to compare the Butler Hybrid to Frank's Fetvalve Hybrid, but the TDB 2250 is making me grin from ear to ear.  I also love that there is no tube wear or biasing necessary, mainly due to the technology.  Yippie!   

Stylus

« Reply #17 on: 16 Jun 2010, 02:09 pm »
Right on!  Looking forward to it!   :thumb:

bigbwb

« Reply #18 on: 16 Jun 2010, 03:24 pm »
The Oregon GTG is at the top of my list too; that one is in September, as RJ mentioned.  I am also waiting on the wifey concerning that one.

The new amp is great!  I posted my short (for me) impressions in the General Audio forum here on AC and in our amp/preamp thread at AVS (the long one).  I would love to compare the Butler Hybrid to Frank's Fetvalve Hybrid, but the TDB 2250 is making me grin from ear to ear.  I also love that there is no tube wear or biasing necessary, mainly due to the technology.  Yippie!

Ok, sounds good.  If we could hit one of these, that would be perfect!
Glad you like the amp, I willl take a look at the thread later on.

B

jd3s wife

« Reply #19 on: 17 Jun 2010, 02:51 am »
I am also waiting on the wifey concerning that one.

Will approval from any "wifey" do?   I'm willing to issue a blanket approval for RMAF   :wave: