E-Mail - Spam I Am (not....).

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
E-Mail - Spam I Am (not....).
« on: 8 Dec 2006, 05:23 pm »
Hello!

This is my first sticky - kind of a big day for me.  I have something that happens from time to time that always bothers me. I don't run an e-mail spam filter specifically so I won't filter out any messages. It's a pain but the alternative is to end up filtering out folks e-mails and that is no good either. As a result I get a lot of spam to delete and occationally I suspect - even though I am really careful not to - I may delete or miss a message.....

Wanted to post here that I always reply to e-mails - usually within a day for sure and usually faster than that. When I am away I put an auto reply message on. If I have not replied within a day or so then likely one of 2 things happened:

1- As mentioned above with the number of e-mails comming in I may have missed or deleted your mail. I do my best not to but with the large volume of mail it likely does happen from time to time. Most folks re-mail and this works out in the end.

2- This one is what prompted this post! About every week (twice this past week to overseas inquiries that came in) I type in a nice long reply and then after I send it bounces. I get a 'box full' or a 'Thought you were spam' type message. I always resend several times - Changing the title and text in the hope it will pass.  After 3 or 4 tries though I must give up and it leaves me with the awful feeling there is someone on the other end thinking "That dam Bent guy does not even bother to answer e-mails!".......Since I seldom have any other way to reply (no phone number, etc) I am just stuck at that point.

Anyway - just wanted to have a message here in the forum letting folks know if you don't get a reply to please PM here or send some other type of message from an alternate e-mail with no filter or a phone number, etc.

Thansk!

John

philippe leruitte

Re: E-Mail - Spam I Am (not....).
« Reply #1 on: 1 Aug 2008, 07:58 pm »
Hello John,

I have sent twice the same email about my project of using UCD modules in your TAP enclosure without any answer.
I imagine you are working hard but as you previously always answered in the next 24 hours, I suspect there is something going wrong.
Have you received them ? Should I send the original message once more ? Is my email server refusing your answers ? Should I use another email address (not a problem ;-) ?
Thanks for any information,

Best regards,

Philippe.

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 1 Aug 2008, 08:11 pm »
Hello!

Thanks for posting here. The last message I had from you was the 27th and I'd sent a reply that day - please re-send if there was a new message after that day. Just now I re-sent that reply and hope that gets through. So far I think your messages have reached me fine so I expect it will still work fine. If you don't get the resend of my reply post here and I'll send from an alternate e-mail address, etc.....

Thansk!

John
« Last Edit: 1 Aug 2008, 09:54 pm by John Chapman »

philippe leruitte

« Reply #3 on: 1 Aug 2008, 10:35 pm »
Hello,

Thank you for your reply and re-sending your message.

Best regards,

Philippe