Voce reconfiguration?

Btrmousetrap

Voce reconfiguration?
« on: 4 Jan 2019, 04:11 am »
This is my second post as a new forum member. I was looking at the Voce as a potential semi monitor/floor stander for a medium to large room. What would be the potential for reconfiguring the driver locations for vertical use in a pair. The two mid woofers could be stacked at the bottom in their separate boxes while moving the mids and neo3 to the top portion of the cabinets. The midwoofers would be sealed for sub integration and the mids and neo could be open backed OR enclosed depending on the desired sonic traits. Just a thought and a question. Thanks.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: Voce reconfiguration?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jan 2019, 02:07 pm »
You would probably be better off with building a pair of X-Statiks.  They're ridiculously good for the money.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jan 2019, 03:36 pm »
I agree with that. The X-Voce was designed as the center channel speaker for the X-Statics. So for the main speakers go with the X-Statics and then get the X-Voce if you want a matching center speaker.

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2019, 04:05 pm »
They're right. The X-Statik is the same (matching) speaker in an upright configuration.

http://gr-research.com/x-statikkit.aspx

Btrmousetrap

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2019, 10:34 pm »
Thank you all for the advice. I did see the overall configuration would be the same that I considered for the Voce. The main draw was for the 36" width or in my thought, height. The main factor being the WAF.