Persistence

lucilius

Persistence
« on: 19 Mar 2013, 05:26 am »
     I purchased my 1.2 in 2010 and upgraded the power supply a year later.  It has been in and out of various systems but never settled in.  I seem to have many speakers(and I do have many) that were not a match.  The closest were my Sound Dynamics 300TI's, an Absolute Sound favorite from the mid 90's.  They sit on my 2nd story sun porch and are only usable in warm weather.
     Several weeks ago, I was looking through one of my closets full of equipment and came upon a pair of speakers I forgot I had.  The B&W DM302's were also from the 90's.  Wes Philips reviewed them in the October 97 Stereophile and they won the 97 Editors Choice award.  They cost $250. 
     I brought them down to the basement,  hooked them up to my 1.2 and a modified Marantz 63SE that I picked up at a pawn shop for $99.  I'm still listening.  This is the match that brings out the quality of the 1.2.  I'm mesmerized by everything I listen to and have a hard time getting to bed before one or two in the morning.
    Had I given up and not persisted I would have never known what I had.  I see this same persistence in Virtue Audio.  I hope its followers will also see this and persist along with the company.  It may well be rewarding.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: Persistence
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2013, 12:28 am »
Very cool post!  There's no stopping but without a full-time go-to engineer who will deliver what he promises, this continues to be an uphill battle.  I'd rather produce nothing than something that doesn't work or which isn't unique.  So all we have to offer is great cables and continually depressed expectations -- but a promise that one day we'll have new models!