8ohm AV2?

dayneger

8ohm AV2?
« on: 11 Oct 2003, 04:51 pm »
Hi Danny

I was wondering if you're planning on offering the AV2 with your new M130-16 drivers?

That way they'd pair up better with HT receivers that aren't particularly happy with 4ohm loads.

Thanks!

Dayne

Brian Bunge

8ohm AV2?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2003, 01:47 pm »
I don't believe Danny has any plans to do that.  I believe the 16 ohm drivers used in the A/V-3's will not work in the A/V-2 enclosure.  I do know that you can build sealed A/V-3's with the same baffle size as the A/V-2's but with slightly shallower cabinets.  IIRC, bass extension is pretty much limited to the 80Hz range, but that shouldn't be a real issue if you are using a subwoofer.

dayneger

8ohm AV2?
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2003, 04:28 pm »
Thanks for the info, Brian!

Looks like I'd better get a HT receiver that can handle lower ohm loads, like the NAD line.

:)  Dayne

Brian Bunge

8ohm AV2?
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2003, 04:43 pm »
No problem.  I'm not that familiar with the NAD products other than the fact that they have excellent sound for the money.  Another option is Sherwood Newcastle.  My dad and I both have used Sherwood Newcastle receivers with 4 ohm speakers with great success for several years.

Danny Richie

Yes
« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2003, 05:11 pm »
Brian is correct.

The is an A/V-3S model that will have its info up on the site in a few weeks.

It is a sealed box version with an enclosure that is 17.5" tall, 10.625" deep, and is 8" wide.

It can be used as a left, right, or center and can be bought as single units that are fully shielded.

It is a completed design that is available at this time.