"Tre Supremo"

barnestn

"Tre Supremo"
« on: 26 Jun 2011, 03:13 pm »
Rick delivered one of his latest designs yesterday and we enjoyed a very nice visit.  Rick is a great guy and wonderful designer who provides great value in his products.  Thus far, the Tre Supremo appears to be the smoothest speaker I have owned that presents uncanny realism.  Great job, Rick and thank you immensely.

Charles Xavier

Re: "Tre Supremo"
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2011, 03:53 pm »
Nice , but you gotta give us more info :thumb:

Specs, build , etc...

LadyDog

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2011, 04:44 pm »
Wow, beautiful looking speakers.  Having a few of Rick's speakers, I can attest to the excellent sound qualities.

Beautiful cabinetry behind the speakers too.

barnestn

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2011, 04:46 pm »
Top of the line drivers with Rick's design makes a combination hard to beat.  Rick will have to provide the technical specs but the cabinet is waterfall bunbinga.

barnestn

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2011, 04:47 pm »
(sp.) bubinga

kip_

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2011, 04:50 pm »
Top of the line drivers with Rick's design makes a combination hard to beat.  Rick will have to provide the technical specs but the cabinet is waterfall bunbinga.

From Rick's other thread... the drivers are a RAAL ribbon tweeter, Scan-Speak Illuminator midrange, and Seas 10" woofer

bummrush

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2011, 05:11 pm »
Wow. Sums it up me

kip_

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2011, 11:07 pm »
Looks like the woofer is actively powered?

happyrabbit

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jun 2011, 12:48 am »
It’s a passive radiator design with the PR on the rear in a tapered cabinet (40” H x 14” wide (bottom) tapering to 8” wide (top) and 12.5” deep. Price will be in the $6K range - Per Rick

c_note

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jun 2011, 06:27 pm »
Rick, can you comment on the Seas woofer and Scan-speak midrange drivers?  How do they compare to the Aurasound and Accuton drivers you previously favored in designs like the RC5?  I'm surprised to see you use a paper midrange, as you typically prefer a hard surface like magnesium or ceramics.

Absolutely beautiful speakers, by the way!

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #10 on: 28 Jun 2011, 01:14 am »
Nice , but you gotta give us more info :thumb:

Specs, build , etc...

I'll be adding the information to our site in a few days. The bass has great extension with a -3db point of 34hz (nearfield, no room gain) and smooth / articulate midrange topped off with the excellent RAAL tweeter. I had been wanting to do a new floorstander around the $6K area and this one is exceptional.  :thumb:

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2011, 02:02 am »
It’s a passive radiator design with the PR on the rear in a tapered cabinet (40” H x 14” wide (bottom) tapering to 8” wide (top) and 12.5” deep. Price will be in the $6K range - Per Rick

Yes, passive radiator on the rear. $6,500/pr. as pictured here with an exotic veneer (Kewazinga or also called Waterfall Bubinga). Standard veneers (oak,cherry,maple,walnut) are $6,200/pr. (both prices include shipping to the mainland USA).

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #12 on: 29 Jun 2011, 01:48 pm »
Rick, can you comment on the Seas woofer and Scan-speak midrange drivers?  How do they compare to the Aurasound and Accuton drivers you previously favored in designs like the RC5?  I'm surprised to see you use a paper midrange, as you typically prefer a hard surface like magnesium or ceramics.

Absolutely beautiful speakers, by the way!

The Seas has wider bandwidth into the midrange which enabled me to use the Scan-Speak 4.5" Illuminator mid. Both the Seas and Aura have great bass capability and I could live with either one. I chose the paper cone mid based on the Illuminator motor which is in my opinion the best available anywhere. The cone is also stiffer than normal to handle the excursion capability of the motor. The Illuminator frame is also very open on the back side which reduces internal reflections.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #13 on: 29 Jun 2011, 10:01 pm »
A pair of the Tre Supremos is up and running in Arizona now as well.  :thumb:

Here's a reference disc I used for final listening sessions during the design phase...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDtKdkLpqGQ&feature=pyv

barnestn

« Reply #14 on: 6 Jul 2011, 07:57 pm »
Rick brought along the Karrin Allyson CD when he delivered my new speakers and we listened and enjoyed each cut.  This brief session really set the tone for what was to come as I played CD after CD.  During the past week, two live performances have dominated "center stage":  Sting (All This Time) and Leonard Cohen (Live in London).  I can't imagine another speaker anywhere near this price range capturing these excellent performances in such fine fashion.  Rick's modesty certainly belies his unique and tremendous talent.  Great job, Rick.

barnestn

« Reply #15 on: 6 Sep 2011, 01:20 pm »
Wow, beautiful looking speakers.  Having a few of Rick's speakers, I can attest to the excellent sound qualities.

Beautiful cabinetry behind the speakers too.

Thanks for the kind comments on the loudspeaker appearance; the wood was chosen by my wife (Sonia) and I think she did quite well, as did Rick's cabinet maker.  The cabinets behind the speakers were custom made by a co-worker (Mark Gentry of Gentry's Custom Cabinets) of mine who also built all the cabinetry in our house.  For a one man operation, he does quite well and I appreciate your comments on his work too.  So, thanks to Rick, Rick's cabinet maker, Mark, and Sonia, all I have to contribute is to sit back and enjoy.