LSAF 2019

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
LSAF 2019
« on: 2 May 2019, 02:29 am »
Made it to Dallas today and got everything unloaded. Normally by this point I have everything unboxed and roughly placed. Not this year. I’ll unbox and setup tomorrow.

Mike

ebag4

Re: LSAF 2019
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2019, 02:56 am »
Have a great show Mike, please post pics.

Best,
Ed

Captainhemo

« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2019, 03:22 am »
Yup,  you  and  danny both  have a  great  show  and  enjoy  some  good food/company  too   :thumb:

jay

SoCalWJS

« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2019, 03:19 pm »
Hope all goes well and looking forward to any photos!

Captainhemo

« Reply #4 on: 4 May 2019, 04:48 pm »
Awfully  quiet there boys.. I think we need an on scene reporter    :popcorn: :popcorn:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 4 May 2019, 08:34 pm »
I have no idea where my full GR pic is but I have this one.  Danny mentioned that he built his own chip amp (not Folsom).  It's the little box in the pic.

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #6 on: 4 May 2019, 11:39 pm »
I have no idea where my full GR pic is but I have this one.  Danny mentioned that he built his own chip amp (not Folsom).  It's the little box in the pic.

I don't remember reading before either in the thread leading up to LSAF or before that if you and Danny had ever met before, but based on the most recent exchanges you two have had here on the forum, I'm glad to see you made it to LSAF and got a chance to hang out in Danny's room.  I really hope the trip was worth your while!  :thumb:

In any case, Danny, it is really nice to see you back in the game (no matter how tempting the soccer pitch might be this time of year...  :wink:)!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 5 May 2019, 04:42 am »
Down in Danny’s room. A bunch of us are listening to the NX-Tremes. These are sweeet!!!👍

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2019, 09:19 pm »
Lots of fun. Plenty of good comments on the NX-Otica monitor/sub combo and the X-LS Encores. Here are some pics:

NX-Otica monitor/dual H-frames - These sounded better than previous years and I received many comments to this effect. Danny tweaked the subwoofer amp settings (low damping, combined with 14Hz extension) Thursday night and the bass was better than I have ever heard it. I had many comments of goosebumps from this system, especially when playing the Olympic Fanfare. One person, who came by the room multiple times said that as good as these speakers sounded with blues, rock, jazz, and country; where they really shined, in his opinion, was classical, both orchestral and vocal.

X-LS Encores - These little beauties strutted their stuff also. I received many compliments about the cabinetry but more about their sound. The crossover upgrades in these were worth every penny. Everybody that heard them was very impressed. from the comments I received they easily held their own against much more expensive speakers. Kudos to Danny. His skill and expertise were evident.

All in all a very good time. Now, if I can just get my room back together and set up ....

Mike

Captainhemo

« Reply #9 on: 11 May 2019, 10:45 pm »
Love  those  encore  cabinets Mike,  gorgeous.  Wish I could see them in person

jay

ebag4

« Reply #10 on: 12 May 2019, 12:36 am »

jay

Agreed, Mike those encores came out beautifully.  Incredible work.

Best,
Ed

RonP

« Reply #11 on: 12 May 2019, 03:09 pm »

jay

They looked and sounded amazing!  :thumb: