Used Audio Gear Sellers in New England

james-bond

Used Audio Gear Sellers in New England
« on: 2 May 2021, 06:30 pm »
I'm in Western Mass and use to go Spearit Sound in Northampton for bargains and used gear. Any suggestions (really anywhere in New England)?

Doublej

Re: Used Audio Gear Sellers in New England
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2021, 12:13 pm »
Goodwins High End, Q Audio, Audiolab, Natural Sound, Fidelis to name a few of the B&M stores left. They have varying amounts of used stuff at widely different price points.

There are also a few people that advertise on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace that appear to be repair shops. From their pictures the gear tends to be mass market vintage. 

Chris Adams

« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2021, 01:19 pm »
Another is Audio Video Therapy in Nashua, NH. You can check their site for used gear. Really nice guys to do business with.

thorman

« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2021, 04:35 pm »
 Perrotta Consulting is also a great to deal with. Fair prices and usually has plenty of high end gear too..They are based in Connecticut...He also will take Trades too.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #4 on: 8 May 2021, 07:18 pm »
I wound up getting some demo gear at Safe and Sound in Chicopee. Depending on what you want they do offer good pricing and great customer service. They have an amazing product line. Very Satisfied with my purchase.
Octave V40SE was a real value

pbporsche

« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2021, 07:37 pm »
Puckerbrush Audio, Norway, Maine. Yes, in the middle of nowhere. Owned by Dave Cox. Hidden gem. Vintage high-end stuff, unusual stuff. Dave restores each piece prior to resale. Worth a trip up from Mass, or tack it on to a weekend.

djbnh

« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2021, 01:00 pm »
Another is Audio Video Therapy in Nashua, NH. You can check their site for used gear. Really nice guys to do business with.
Chris, I'm in Northwood, NH. Thanks for the heads=up.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2021, 09:11 pm »
Goodwins High End, Q Audio, Audiolab, Natural Sound, Fidelis to name a few of the B&M stores left. They have varying amounts of used stuff at widely different price points.

There are also a few people that advertise on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace that appear to be repair shops. From their pictures the gear tends to be mass market vintage.

FWIW, Walter Swanbon (owner), Dwight & Co. at Fidelis AV are true gentlemen and will always steer you in the right direction... They sell great gear too!

My $0.02,
Pete

Lost240

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jul 2021, 01:13 pm »
Every once in a while I have good luck finding used equipment at Merle's Record Rack. 307 Racebrook Rd, Orange, CT 06477
I purchased a great Music Hall CD player there a few years ago.

ReggieG

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jan 2022, 03:42 pm »
No experience - but recommended by a friend when I was looking for new speakers (ended up buying on FB Marketplace before checking out):

RS Butler's trading post in Northwood NH - has rotating gear in, but more known for LP's/music memorabilia (apparently biggest record seller on ebay, according to friend): https://rsbutlerstradingco.com/records-music-memorabilla/

Welfare Records in Haverhill, MA - on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/welfarerecords/photos/327523304310249

Reggie P.

Doublej

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jan 2022, 01:20 pm »
Me, LOL.

I have a bunch of bits that I acquired that I need to get rid of during spring cleanout of the garage. A few mass market pieces from the 70s and a couple of boxes of accessories that I acquired when a friend passed away. Most fall into is it worth the effort to liquidate or just drive it over to the recycling center all at once.

goodvibrations

• If it sounds good, turn it up to make sure!
« Reply #11 on: 4 Feb 2022, 10:23 pm »
I've been looking forward to visiting the Music Room in Barre, VT:
https://business.facebook.com/musicroomvt/

Just found out about them last month...

4thChoice

• audiophile in training
« Reply #12 on: 8 Apr 2023, 05:09 pm »
Highly recommend stopping in at "The Music Room", the one in Barre, VT NOT the one in Colorado (tho' I have bought from them too).  They are now an Anthem Dealer (and I think Paradigm).  Traded in some "stuff" as a down payment on my Anthem AVM 70.

dolsey01

« Reply #13 on: 10 Apr 2023, 01:37 pm »
Holt Hill Audio in Lawrence, MA.  They have new and used gear and seem fairly priced on the used gear. 

Cedarman

« Reply #14 on: 23 Jan 2024, 03:47 pm »
TJ Welch runs a home-based vintage business out of Danvers called Welchtronics. Good guy. https://www.facebook.com/tj.welch.5/