Golf trip to Myrtle - need food recommendations

BobM

Golf trip to Myrtle - need food recommendations
« on: 19 Feb 2014, 06:34 pm »
Hey guys, a small group of us (6) are heading down from NY to Myrtle the first week of May to play some golf. I need some decent restaurant recommendations for central Myrtle. We are staying at Myrtlewoods.

I guess the usual stuff
- steak
- American
- Seafood/Steak
- BBQ

Thanks,
Bob

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Golf trip to Myrtle - need food recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2014, 06:40 pm »
Sounds like a great time BobM, also I imagine a needed escape from the never-ending winter & all that white stuff. Haven't been to Myrtle so can't recommend, just wanted to wish good weather, good golf, & a great time.  :thumb: 

After almost 2 months was able to hack around in mostly dry skies Sun. Of course the 1st three holes were a combo of light rain/sleet/snow, but at least I was able to get out. Typical NW golfing weather.  :D

AgentOrange

« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2014, 10:04 pm »
Slide a mile south to Murrells Inlet.
Central MB is crap these days.

rodge827

« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2014, 01:12 am »
Slide a mile south to Murrells Inlet.
Central MB is crap these days.

+1 on Murrells Inlet and the Marsh Walk, has about a dozen restaurants and bars down there.
The weather should be very good in early May.

What Courses are you hitting?

Enjoy,  :D

bearman2

« Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2014, 01:20 am »
BobM, I live in MB and if you want to keep it close to Myrtlewood which is on 48th North you could try Flamingo Grill on around 71st North which would be about 10 minutes. Across the street from Flamingo is Outback if you want to do chains. At Barefoot Landing there is a Greg Normans which is good but a little expensive and would be around 15 to 20 minutes north of you. 10 minutes or less south of Myrtlewood there is a Logans by the mall and to tell you the truth you can't go wrong considering the price. You can PM me if you want to ask any questions and I will be happy to help in any way.   jw

BobM

« Reply #5 on: 20 Feb 2014, 03:02 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Having a few options is better than just driving around and saying "that looks good".

We are playing the Myrtlewood courses (of course, since we are staying there) to start on Thursday:
- Palmetto
- Pine Hills

Then  Friday we play
- Grand Dunes

Then finish up on Saturday with
- Man O'War
- Mooreland

Last year we played:
- The Wizard
- MB National (West)
- MB National (Kings North)
- The Witch

mcgsxr

« Reply #6 on: 20 Feb 2014, 03:14 pm »
I was last in MB 2 years ago in the Spring with the family.

I brought my carry bag, and ended scoring a round at TPC Myrtle Beach, which was a great fun round.

The other time I was down in MB the highlight round was Pauley's Island.  I enjoyed that one too.

Hit'em long and straight!

Rubbbq

« Reply #7 on: 20 Feb 2014, 03:34 pm »
Big Mike's soul food