Tang Band 1808s over Alpha H frames

Trismos

Re: Tang Band 1808s over Alpha H frames
« Reply #40 on: 23 Apr 2012, 12:41 am »
My new drivers that will be used in these new models will hit the water in 8 days. So I hope to have a couple of new kits available in the weeks to come.

We've heard about these new kits for sometime now. How about whetting the appetite with some details?

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #41 on: 23 Apr 2012, 12:48 am »
We've heard about these new kits for sometime now. How about whetting the appetite with some details?

The 8" servo subs are already in stock and pics and specs of the new 6.5" open baffle type drivers can be seen in the GR Research circle.

New smaller sized 300 watt servo amps are coming along too...

I wish I had them all yesterday too, but they just don't get made that fast.

Trismos

« Reply #42 on: 23 Apr 2012, 01:32 am »
The 8" servo subs are already in stock and pics and specs of the new 6.5" open baffle type drivers can be seen in the GR Research circle.

New smaller sized 300 watt servo amps are coming along too...

I wish I had them all yesterday too, but they just don't get made that fast.

You'd make a good politician Danny. We've all seen the pics and specs you reference. I have a 'Wish List' folder. There's no GR stuff there because there's no details anywhere.

Well, I do have the Super-V's in there......

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #43 on: 23 Apr 2012, 01:45 am »
You'd make a good politician Danny. We've all seen the pics and specs you reference. I have a 'Wish List' folder. There's no GR stuff there because there's no details anywhere.

Well, I do have the Super-V's in there......

I don't like posting too many details because once I start measuring and testing I might change something.

I did post info about three new models that will be using the new woofers and tweeter with wave guide. It's somewhere in my circle.

And yeah, it is hard not to like the Super-V. It is a personal favorite as well.

jonestes4

« Reply #44 on: 10 May 2012, 10:18 pm »
Poultrygeist,
Very nice work. I'll bet they sound every bit as good as they look.  I'm in the process of rebuilding my open baffles that has Visations. I'm now trying the Tang Band W8-1882.  What filter combination (inductor/cap value) are you using on you Tang Band?
John

Poultrygeist

« Reply #45 on: 11 May 2012, 12:53 pm »
Thanks John, after redoing the Radio Shack Tweeters I reversed them and they do sound better. I added Ikea cork place mats to the backs.

So far I'm enjoying the unencumbered sound of the Tang Bands running wide open. I'm open to trying a filter but haven't felt a need to yet.

After building these OBs I compared them to my Zu's. I didn't wait long before selling the Zu's.