Catch of the Day: Vinyl You've Recently Bought

jimdgoulding

Re: Catch of the Day: Vinyl You've Recently Bought
« Reply #2140 on: 19 Nov 2012, 11:38 pm »
Thanks, Laura. 

Wayner

« Reply #2141 on: 20 Nov 2012, 04:53 pm »
Just received my Genesis boxed set 1976-1982, featuring LPs (5) after Gabriels departure. Those LPs are 1) Robber, Assult and Battery, 2)Wind and Wurthering, 3) And then there was Three, 4) Duke and 5) abacab.

All are pressed on 180 gram vinyl by EMI. At the first note on Robbery, I knew this was an excellent production. I have the MFSL version of this LP and the EMI version is better! More bass, extended highs and more 3D sound stage. At $150 for the set, it's not cheap, but so far, I'm betting that this set will be good from beginning to end.

One of the best buys of the year for me, as this completes my Genesis set from 1970 to 1982.

Wayner

roscoeiii

« Reply #2142 on: 21 Nov 2012, 04:48 am »
I am feeling very vinyl blessed in my luck this week. First, a mono Highway 61, a pristine 1970 pressing of Blonde on Blonde. And now....

Brian Eno- Here Come the Warm Jets.

Such a great album. Completing my search for the first 4 Eno LPs.

Now for a week of ramen.

orthobiz

« Reply #2143 on: 21 Nov 2012, 10:54 am »
Those first four Enos are not all that easy to come by. then there's the rumor that the Japanese pressings might not be genuine...but you are lucky indeed to have them, they are as essential as the first five Roxy Music albums!

Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #2144 on: 21 Nov 2012, 12:15 pm »
Took a while to track them down for sure. Finding good Roxy Music copies was made easier thanks to PopMarket.

roscoeiii

« Reply #2145 on: 22 Nov 2012, 07:54 pm »
Just grabbed the Muddy Waters and Rolling Stones At the Checkerboard Lounge LPs.

PopMarket deal of the day.

How could I refuse? The Checkerboard is only a few blocks from my place.

orthobiz

« Reply #2146 on: 22 Nov 2012, 11:04 pm »
Just grabbed the Muddy Waters and Rolling Stones At the Checkerboard Lounge LPs.

PopMarket deal of the day.

How could I refuse? The Checkerboard is only a few blocks from my place.

I passed. Bought too much lately. Kinda like eating too much at Thanksgiving dinner...

Paul

Landgreen

« Reply #2147 on: 28 Nov 2012, 03:41 am »
Minor correction. Album 1 is A Trick Of The Tail. Excellent album.

Just received my Genesis boxed set 1976-1982, featuring LPs (5) after Gabriels departure. Those LPs are 1) Robber, Assult and Battery, 2)Wind and Wurthering, 3) And then there was Three, 4) Duke and 5) abacab.

All are pressed on 180 gram vinyl by EMI. At the first note on Robbery, I knew this was an excellent production. I have the MFSL version of this LP and the EMI version is better! More bass, extended highs and more 3D sound stage. At $150 for the set, it's not cheap, but so far, I'm betting that this set will be good from beginning to end.

One of the best buys of the year for me, as this completes my Genesis set from 1970 to 1982.

Wayner

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2148 on: 28 Nov 2012, 05:02 am »
VG++ copy of Buddy Rich/ Gene Krupa drum battle on Verve at my local record store. 

roscoeiii

« Reply #2149 on: 28 Nov 2012, 08:35 pm »
Well, I sure would have bought the Spoon/Divine Fits PopMarket bundle if I didn't already own all of these albums.

http://www.popmarket.com/spoon-divine-fits-vinyl-bundle/details/27886179?cid=lg:yi2&utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=ian%20-%20pm%2020121126%203p%20spoon

orthobiz

« Reply #2150 on: 28 Nov 2012, 10:10 pm »
Don't feel bad, Rosco. The discount wasn't all that steep!

Paul :icon_lol: :lol:

roscoeiii

« Reply #2151 on: 28 Nov 2012, 11:00 pm »
Good point Paul.

And if you aren't familiar with Spoon, do check them out sometime.

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
« Reply #2152 on: 29 Nov 2012, 10:54 am »
I know this is off topic.....

But can one of you guys explain PopMarket to me for a minute?  If I click on roscoeiii's link for the Spoon deal it seems that I could still place an order for the deal.  Is that not the case?  The deal is over?  I'm curious, because even though I own all of the music in this particular deal and the Roxy Music deal, I do not own these on vinyl and want to.  More anxious to pull the trigger on the Roxy Music deal, but either way, I have never placed an order with PopMarket.

If I Google Roxy Music PopMarket I can go to the site and place the records in a Cart, but cannot access the deal by starting at PopMarket.

Advice?  Thanks.

orthobiz

« Reply #2153 on: 29 Nov 2012, 11:15 am »
PM sent E4T!

Paul

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
« Reply #2154 on: 29 Nov 2012, 11:26 am »
Many thanks Paul.

Back on topic then!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #2155 on: 2 Dec 2012, 05:13 pm »

the Hollies albums are a vinyl bundle purchase from Pop Market and are Sundazed reissues. I decided to buy these two Beatles reissues after reading Michael Fremer's reviews on Analog Planet. http://www.analogplanet.com/category/album-review

roscoeiii

« Reply #2156 on: 2 Dec 2012, 05:58 pm »
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on those Beatles LPs. Based also on Fremer's reviews (and my own Beatles' preferences) those are the ones I am also most interested in. Here's hoping your pressings are good ones.

Kinger

« Reply #2157 on: 4 Dec 2012, 12:25 am »
Here are a few that I've picked up lately.  Was super excited to get a copy of Pros and Cons, but unfortunately even though the vinyl looked great it had a number of pops even after a good cleaning  :bawl:

orthobiz

« Reply #2158 on: 4 Dec 2012, 03:20 am »
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on those Beatles LPs. Based also on Fremer's reviews (and my own Beatles' preferences) those are the ones I am also most interested in. Here's hoping your pressings are good ones.

I have gone through a few from my Beatles box, too early to give impressions, just been inundated with listening lately! But I do want to say that from what I've read there is a lot of individual variation among the various disks among the various boxes. I think quality control is poor. So some people report a great Abbey Road and others have a trashed disk that needs to be returned. What I am really saying is I'd be wary of reading a Fremer review on this one and assuming that you will get the same result by buying an individual record. It's a screwy release to say the least!

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #2159 on: 5 Dec 2012, 12:03 am »

Good power pop. Peripherally related to Jellyfish...

Paul