Sweet Deal Sites - Updated

Dan Driscoll

Sweet Deal Sites - Updated
« on: 24 Feb 2018, 08:30 pm »
There have been a lot of changes in the on-line deal sites category over the past few years. Quite a few of the previously recommended sites are no longer active, while others have changed significantly and no longer fit the topic. I also want to both pare down and expand what sites are on the list. I want to pare down the list by removing most of the sites that are not focused on audio, HT, or music. And because the lines between Audio/HT and gaming are becoming more and more blurred, I want to expand it by including sites that offer gaming deals, whether it be console, on-line or computer based.

As always, if you have any suggestions, please PM me with the info. Keep in mind that we're looking for sites that are focused on or have a large concentration of Audio, HT and Gaming specific deals. We're not looking for generic deal sites that happen to include a few audio deals. There are simply too many and most of those are just scrapping from the good sites, anyway.

Dan Driscoll

Re: Sweet Deal Sites - Updated
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2018, 09:11 pm »
Accessories 4 Less

Tech Bargains

Musician's Friend SDOTD

DVDTalk

CheapAssGamer

VSTBuzz

SlickDeals-Audio

« Last Edit: 7 Aug 2018, 12:01 pm by Dan Driscoll »

fredgarvin

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2018, 09:14 pm »
Massdrop.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2018, 10:54 pm »
Hi Dan,
I never understood why this thread couldn’t be opened to used gear as well as new. Certainly a sweet Ebay or Craigslist deal would be of interest to a lot of folks and probably overlooked by many.
Cheers!

Doublej

« Reply #4 on: 25 Feb 2018, 12:18 am »
What's worked best for me recently is to turn on notifications in the SlickDeals and Dealnews apps on my phone. Then I get notification of all super audio deals (and a lot of non audio deals) across the retail landscape.

Woot has an audio and Home Theater section.
HCMAudio and Audio Advisor have close out areas.
Best Buy has an outlet site but often the deals are nothing special.
BH Photo has weekly deals, Frys alway has an audio and home theater sale going on.

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #5 on: 25 Feb 2018, 07:05 pm »
Hi Dan,
I never understood why this thread couldn’t be opened to used gear as well as new. Certainly a sweet Ebay or Craigslist deal would be of interest to a lot of folks and probably overlooked by many.
Cheers!

Hi Lester,

Sweet Deals is specifically dedicated to commercial discounted sales of audio, HT, music and now gaming equipment, software and accessories. Deals on used, refurbished and open box gear are also welcome here, so long as it is being offered by a commercial seller. Lots of retailers and wholesalers sell on eBay, so if you see something from a commercial seller on eBay that fits these guidelines, feel free to post it here on Sweet Deals. Preferably they should be offering multiple units, but I won't prohibit single unit sale posts unless they start clogging the board or cause other problems. However, it must be from a commercial seller.

A lot, probably even most of the equipment being offered on CraigsList and BackPage is from private sellers or small local retailers who don't offer shipping. However, if you do see a commercial sale on one of these sites that does at least offer shipping at least across the US, feel free to post it.

The Trading Post is dedicated to private party sales, so you may want to check the Trading Post guidelines to see if re-posting from other sites is allowed.

fredgarvin

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2018, 03:10 pm »
I suppose you already realize the links don't work.

c3474

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2021, 01:41 am »
+1 for Slickdeals and notifications.
Also as of late I've been using hifishark and it's saved searches and email notifications for used gear (which often directs me to AudioCircle!)

Danatbeach

• Hi there
« Reply #8 on: 10 Mar 2021, 08:37 am »
Hi I see this is about sweet deals but I don’t see any sweet deals in here lol. Sorry I’m new here and just trying to understand.

jjss49

« Reply #9 on: 10 Mar 2021, 05:33 pm »
i think this section of AC is pretty much dead in the water