Interior photos of equipment- a good or bad thing?

JeffBrown

Re: Interior photos of equipment- a good or bad thing?
« Reply #20 on: 12 Feb 2009, 07:11 pm »
Blair,
I don’t own a single piece of audio equipment that I haven’t had the top off of at least once and it is usually one of the first things I do after I’ve heard it for a while is crack the lid and see what’s in side.  I’m not big on making tweaks to the gear, but I want to know what I bought!  I’ve been upset on more then one occasion to learn I spend good money on bad stuff.  Sometimes it even sounded good, only to deteriorate after 1-2 years.  If the product is well designed then the inside should look almost as good as the outside, if it is a rats, or a cheap as you can populate it printed circuit board, people should know that before they buy too. 

Your pictures so far have been tastefully done with and all work you should be proud to show off!  Keep up the good work Blair!

Jeff

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #21 on: 12 Feb 2009, 07:53 pm »
Blair,

You've got nothing to worry about or shy from. Just show the interiors, you will increase sales. And get more products with that Ferrari red paint job, or even a cobalt blue paint job. Short of that, you'll have to do what I do with my work, see gallery below. Of course my photography sucks, so if *I* was really in the business of selling amps/preamps I would hire a photographer.

Working on a differential EL34 design as I write, now, back to work...

Anand.

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #22 on: 13 Feb 2009, 12:15 am »
Thank you for your comments Anand!  :D

I was just speaking with someone on the phone who said they wouldn't purchase anything without seeing what the wiring was like.