New HT1's are incredible

skidro

New HT1's are incredible
« on: 11 Nov 2006, 05:01 pm »
I've been mesmerized by the sounds coming from my new ht1's since they arrived on Thursday!!! I sent an e-mail to Jim saying he sent magic. not speakers, and that is surely the truth. The woodwork is pure art and the sound is pure magic. Everything just sounds right, with every instrument clear, precise, and well balanced. Great bass for a small speaker as well, taught and musical. The ribbon tweeter seems to have no upper limit and retains accuracy and smoothness at all times. I have never been as pleased with any audio purchase as I am with these ht1's!!!!! Thanks Jim Salk, just incredible!!!!!!! Perhaps someday in the future I will be in a situation where I can follow these up with a pair of ht3's, but right now I couldn't be happier!!!

Greg Rowe

mca

Re: New HT1's are incredible
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2006, 07:16 pm »
What equipment are you using with them and what size room are you using them in?

koiman

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2006, 08:33 pm »
Are you using a subwoofer with it?
 :D

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2006, 09:18 pm »
Greg -

I am very glad you are enjoying your HT1's.

I thought I might post some pictures so others would know what you were talking about.

Here they are...

The veneer is macassar ebony and the front baffle is plum pudding fiddleback mahogany.

And a close-up of the corner detail...

Happy listening...

- Jim

skidro

« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2006, 01:06 am »
I am using a theta miles cd player straight to an adcom gfa-5802. No pre-amp needed due to on-board analog volume control in the theta. Room is approx. 17'x13' and no subwoofer is in use. Just out of curiosity, I hooked them up in a small 10'x10' basement room with an old adcom 5300, adcom straight line controller and onkyo 6-disc changer.......still incredible!!!!!!!! These are just some spectacular speakers  :D The longer I listen, the more I like 'em and I liked 'em to begin with!!!!!!! I know my source equipment and amplification could use an upgrade, but they're "pre-significant other" and new goodies can't be an indulgence as often like in the good ol' days. I do have my eye on a van alstine omega series amp though  :drool:

Randy

« Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2006, 02:08 am »
Skidro - you have a PM regarding preamps.