The RM30's 6.5" Graphite Woofer

wshuff

« on: 11 Dec 2003, 09:21 pm »
Brian Cheney wrote:

The active 6.5" is a specially developed Graphite cone and an upgrade WCF 6.5" Megawoofer will also be available.

How will these new graphite cones match up with the WCF woofers in an LRC?   If I get RM30s, would it be better to get the upgraded WCF megawoofer to match with other VMPS speakers, or would it not make a difference to just get the graphite woofer?  And how much will the upgraded WCF 6.5" cost?

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
rm30
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2003, 01:13 am »
We are working hard on a WCF 6.5" with high power handling, low Fs and a VC that can't bottom out.  The graphite 6.5 is outstanding, however.  Pricing on the new 6.5" WCF will be available soon.  All woofers will be sonically compatible with each other.

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2003, 01:33 am »
Yes when I visited Big B recently he gave me the cones of both woofs to hold in my hand and the new material is much lighter and much stiffer.

Should be a big winner in the woofin wars. :D

wshuff

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2003, 07:51 pm »
Thanks for the information.  Now that I've seen the pics of the RM30, this new woofer looks different.  Is it actually a better woofer than the WCF in the current 626R and LRC?  Will the hierarchy eventually be the current WCF 6.5", graphite 6.5", and then the new WCF megawoofer?

Just curious.  Trying to speculate and see how I should eventually get my RM30s configured.