Problem with my new Mb-100s

LordCloud

« on: 11 Jan 2003, 05:21 am »
Curt,

I received my amps today, but one would not power on at first. Then after flipping the switch on and off, the amp finally came on. Now the amp seems to be working fine except the led on the previously d.o.a amp is brighter than the other. If you could explain any of this, I would be very grateful.

Henri

Curt

« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2003, 09:09 am »
Henri,

I answered your e-mail. Seems like your all set now.

Any further service questions should really be addressed in e-mail not on the boards.

Thanks and enjoy your new MB-100s.

nathanm

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2003, 08:18 pm »
I had the EXACT same problem, what was the issue out of curiosity?

LordCloud

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2003, 09:41 pm »
Quote from: nathanm
I had the EXACT same problem, what was the issue out of curiosity?

I don't know, one of the LEDs is still signifigantly brighter than the other, even though the amp powers up fine now.  It also seems to be a bit louder than the other.  I know I read something about bright LEDs on the amps, but I thought that they were all the same now. I guess not.

BOK

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2003, 10:17 pm »
My relatively new pair of MB-100's had consistent LED strength if I recall.  

Heck, I cover both LED's  with black electrical tape anyway so the intensity of that "blue beacon" is a non-issue.

BOK

LordCloud

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2003, 04:58 am »
I can't imagine covering the LEDs up, I love to look at them.  Curt offered to change them out for me, but I would be in hell without them.  After having them settle in after a few days they are functioning perfectly and sounding beautiful so far.  This may be a stupid example to most of you, but in the XBox game Halo, I never noticed until I hooked the MB 100s up that the grunts sound like horses when the walk.  I do listen to music 99% of the time but I love movies and videogames as well. :P

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2003, 03:24 pm »
Quote from: LordCloud

This may be a stupid example to most of you, but in the XBox game Halo, I never noticed until I hooked the MB 100s up that the grunts sound like horses when the walk.  

No not a stupid example at all, my Le Amps (MB-100s) take HALO to a new level - I love to hear the intro audio loop while I am getting ready to play.

Those grunts may sound like horsies and run like toddlers, but don't get too close! And...what is that object on the floor there?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 15 Apr 2003, 08:20 pm »
HALO definately gives the system a workout!  Funny that someone else puts electrical tape over the LED; I did this a few years ago with my Hsu subwoofer amp.  It has a really cool blue/purple LED, but you could read the paper by LED lite! :lol:

I didn't realize that IRD services all the product it designs/sells.  That would make me a lot more interested in buying used Le Amps.