Jail broken Amazon firestick

Emil

Jail broken Amazon firestick
« on: 14 Sep 2018, 07:59 pm »
I just don't get it :dunno:

There are videos on how to do it as well as people selling them outright of ebay, craigslist, etc.
HBO, Netflix and others are losing revenue except for Amazon who sells the stick and nothing is being done about it. Almost everyone in my office has one. Why does HBO, netflix and others put up with this?

I'm suspicious of the whole thing

Early B.

Re: Jail broken Amazon firestick
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2018, 09:03 pm »
I just don't get it :dunno:

There are videos on how to do it as well as people selling them outright of ebay, craigslist, etc.
HBO, Netflix and others are losing revenue except for Amazon who sells the stick and nothing is being done about it. Almost everyone in my office has one. Why does HBO, netflix and others put up with this?

I'm suspicious of the whole thing

What can be done about it? It has now become part of mainstream culture to steal media content. For example, most young people probably don't even recognize that they're doing anything wrong. They get their music for free, so why shouldn't their TV and movies be free, too? And the older adults aren't reinforcing the proper conduct in this regard. In fact, the person who initially showed me the jail broken Firestick was in her 60's. I don't own one.   

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2018, 09:04 pm »
It's my understanding that Prius owners are the only folks on the planet that worry about things like this...   :wink:

Emil

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2018, 09:06 pm »
It's my understanding that Prius owners are the only folks on the planet that worry about things like this...   :wink:

:lol:
Good one

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2018, 09:31 pm »
Free music isnt what it use to be. Their aggressive efforts have had severe impacts on the intergity of history, with the loss of WhatCD. (which was not a site for young kids, or casual mp3 downloaders)

I have to point out that all these sticks are probably 1 update away from being bricked.

The reality is people are doing it because the people in charge of show distribution have backed themselves into a corner. Nearly all people with the sticks would pay something for watching. What they won't participate in is this old oligarchy that forces you to pay for shit you don't want. My local cable company says, "you don't qualify for the basic package." Well fuck you too... Even if you buy an AppleTV and pay monthly, some networks/channels still require you to have a cable or satelite package with the network/channel you are already paying monthly for, to access all the shows. Well fuck you too.

Either accept people want a la carte, or brutally perish as the younger generations  never pay you for anything. This all has more to do with backwards-ass ways of acquiring things when it should be as easy as visting a website. At least young people like vinyl.

Doublej

« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2018, 10:53 pm »

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2018, 11:04 pm »
Free music isnt what it use to be. Their aggressive efforts have had severe impacts on the intergity of history, with the loss of WhatCD. (which was not a site for young kids, or casual mp3 downloaders)

I have to point out that all these sticks are probably 1 update away from being bricked.

The reality is people are doing it because the people in charge of show distribution have backed themselves into a corner. Nearly all people with the sticks would pay something for watching. What they won't participate in is this old oligarchy that forces you to pay for shit you don't want. My local cable company says, "you don't qualify for the basic package." Well fuck you too... Even if you buy an AppleTV and pay monthly, some networks/channels still require you to have a cable or satelite package with the network/channel you are already paying monthly for, to access all the shows. Well fuck you too.

Either accept people want a la carte, or brutally perish as the younger generations  never pay you for anything. This all has more to do with backwards-ass ways of acquiring things when it should be as easy as visting a website. At least young people like vinyl.

I agree 100%.  I own about 800 movies (most from the old days when I bought DVDs - about 600 of them) and have Amazon Prime, Netflix and an antenna for my local TV stations.  I have high speed internet and get my home phone service (Ooma) from it.  I've had friends and neighbors complain about $250+ (give or take)/monthly cables fees for lots of stuff.  Cable is just expensive and they lie to you as well.  I had an old girlfriend that was paying about $120 just for TV service from one provider and when she called the competitor up for the same, they told her they don't offer services at her address.  I went online and got her the service from the provider that said they don't offer it in her area.  Whenever I get a telemarketing call wanting to sell me more services, I don't answer and block the number.  Between tons of music files and the content I own and can get from Amazon or Netflix, I don't really need anything else.

OzarkTom

« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2018, 03:52 am »
I enjoyed watching several Beverly Hillbilly episodes and a few of those stupid Beach movies for free the last two weeks with my firestick.

Emil

« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2018, 08:02 pm »
Here's one on Craigslist in my area for $69 with FREE TELEPHONE SUPPORT

Obviously, he has no fear  of any repercussions

https://longisland.craigslist.org/ele/d/firestick-with-the-fastest/6688615375.html

sts9fan

« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2018, 08:31 pm »
I’m not 100% what the sticks you are referring to do exactly but it does not have to be illegal(I know most use it that way). If you load Kodi on a fire stick you do not have to use illegal streams. You could have your 600 DVD ripped to a NAS and stream them with Kodi.