ICE Power ASP 500 amps for sale

Ric Schultz

ICE Power ASP 500 amps for sale
« on: 20 Jun 2005, 08:25 pm »
We have 5 stereo prototype amps for sale using the Ice Power ASP 500 modules.  These modules are the same as used in the $4700 Roland 201s, new PS Audio amps and others.  The modules are dual mono, each having their own switching power supply.  They put out 250 watts into 8 ohms and 500 watts into 4 ohms.  Gain is 27db and input impedance is 8K.  The output impedance is about 10 milliohms (super damping factor/terrific bass amp).  Amps are fully protected against shorts, overloads and thermal concerns.  The input jacks are OFC Sound Connections and the output binding posts are bypassed with wire for the best sound possible (binding posts used as wire to speaker wire clamps).  They have some minor mods to the modules that make them sound noticeably better than stock.  Input and output wire is Cryoed Jena Labs super pure copper wire.  Most amps are wired for single ended inputs only but can optionally be wired for balanced use.  Chassis (19"x10"x3.5") are completely black anodized with small handles on the front.  Two pictures of the amp are on my website and I will be adding some pictures of the insides later this week.  Look under "specials for sale".  30 day money back guarantee.  One year warrantee.  Price is $750 per stereo amp.

Ric Schultz
Electronic Visionary Systems
http://www.tweakaudio.com
408-399-9708

WireNut

Re: ICE Power ASP 500 amps for sale
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2015, 04:48 am »
Explain to me the technology behind the ice powered amps and why I would want to purchase one over an Audiosearch100.2 or a 150.2 power amp?

Ric Schultz

Re: ICE Power ASP 500 amps for sale
« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2015, 02:32 am »
Class D amps have matured a lot in the last 10 years.  You would not want an Ice Power amp.....even their latest ones.  Way better stuff now.  Check out the Nuprime biggies for instance. 

What I am doing now is working up a pure Class A two stage pure fet dual mono stereo amp.  Will be either 25 or 50 watts per channel (200 watt mono blocks too).  All out super tweaky.  This will be my first fully myself designed and produced product since the Millennium DACs 15 years ago and the first product since my 1996 produced "Hand Made DAC" that is completely "no holds barred" state of the art......the basic version will be killer but I will have options for the greatest tweakiest stuff in existence.  Assuming it becomes reality (about to listen to the first proto)......I will have info here in a few weeks.