HT3's in RealTraps ad?

Bill A

HT3's in RealTraps ad?
« on: 31 Aug 2007, 02:34 am »
Hi Jim,

I was reading my September '07 copy of Stereophile when the RealTraps ad on page 45 caught my eye.  The ad shows three pictures of listening rooms treated with their products, and I swear the bottom picture has your HT3's in it.  Could this be?

Bill

yooper

Re: HT3's in RealTraps ad?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2007, 02:38 am »
Your are correct.  Jim did build them, the pic is Zybar's room.

Mark

Bill A

« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2007, 02:45 am »
Zybar has a very nice listening room and very nice speakers to fill it with sound.  Good work, guys  :thumb:

Bill

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2007, 02:53 am »
That particular pair was my first personal pair of HT3's.  I had some very nice burled madrone (as I recall) that I used for the front baffles.

Zybar contacted us and said he was having a gathering and wanted to demo some HT3's.  I told him that the only pair I had available was my personal pair and that I would need them back as soon as he finished with them.  I sent him the speakers.  He sent me a check and we've enjoyed his friendship ever since (although I may never send him my personal speakers again).

- Jim

Bill A

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2007, 03:15 am »
That's a great story  :lol:  And I can understand why he kept them.

It was funny that, when I glanced at the ad, the first thing that popped out at me was the speakers.  I looked the ad over then went on with my reading, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking that those speakers really look like Jim Salk's handywork.

Anyway, after a few days passed I thought about it again and decided to have another look, but for the life of me I couldn't find the ad and was begining to question my sanity.  Well, I gave the magazine another look last night and found it, so I just had to ask if it was the HT3's, and I'm glad to know they are.

Bill

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2007, 11:44 am »
That ad has been running for quite some time now.

Both Jim and Ethan (from RealTraps) are top notch people and I am very happy to not only own their products, but to say that I have developed a friendship with each.

George

Bill A

« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2007, 01:20 pm »
Hi Zybar,

I guess I'm not as obsevant as I thought!  I was going to go back through two or three issues last night to see if the ad had been running for awhile, but it was late.

How did your listening room happen to end up in their ad?

Bill

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2007, 02:05 pm »
Hi Zybar,

I guess I'm not as obsevant as I thought!  I was going to go back through two or three issues last night to see if the ad had been running for awhile, but it was late.

How did your listening room happen to end up in their ad?

Bill

I have pretty much purchased all of Ethan's products in order to make my system sound its best. 

Since I am lucky enough to have a dedicated space for my 2 channel listening, I can set things up well enough that it could be used to potentially showcase a vendor's products.

You can see more pics of the front and back of my room in my gallery.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=716

Just so you aren't surprised, I did sell my HT3's after a couple years of some truly pleasurable listening.

George