Audio GTG Sept. 22

Big Red Machine

Audio GTG Sept. 22
« on: 15 Aug 2007, 11:49 pm »
Planning a small GTG from 1 til 5ish on Saturday Sept. 22.  Officially I will be a SMAC (southern Michigan Audio Club) host for their monthly roundrobin meets.  I have experience having larger events, but I anticipate around 20 or so for this one.  So local folks come on down.  We'll have some Salk, Salk, and more Salk speakers in da house.

I need to update my Moscode write-up to be more recent and provide an overview of what is in my HT as well.  I'll do that soon.

yooper

Re: Audio GTG Sept. 22
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2007, 12:34 am »
Hey Pete,

If the extra vacation time I submitted for that week is not approved (will be out of town if it is approved), Kristi and I would love to stop in!

I have been meaning to get involved with the SMAC club as well, but have yet to submit my name.  I have to get on that.

Mark

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2007, 01:31 pm »
3 weeks to go.  I have about 40something folks on an email string that are invited buy have not asked for any confirmations yet and really only anticipate about 20 or so to attend.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #3 on: 7 Sep 2007, 02:54 pm »
"Planning a small GTG from 1 til 5ish on Saturday Sept. 22.  So local folks come on down.  We'll have some Salk, Salk, and more Salk speakers in da house."

I'm not exactly local, but I'm planning on being there.  I had a great time last year, and I also want to check out the new 1080 projector, if it's up and running.  Hope to see some of you there. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2007, 02:31 am »
Anybody in the area thinking about auditioning Salk speakers will be in for treat since we'll have HT3, V3, and SongTowers all up and running. :thankyou:

s_cervin

« Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2007, 01:24 am »
Can't wait to hear the Salk HT!  Will tunes be tossed at the V3's or just movie cuts?

See ya Sat. Pete.

Scott C.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2007, 05:10 pm »
We can do that.

jd3

« Reply #7 on: 21 Sep 2007, 06:14 pm »
Pete,

I pm'd you from over at AVS (oldgoalie) about the GTG.  I was going to pm you for directions but I found out I can't make it.  :( :(   I'm sure I'll miss a great time.

John

Big Red Machine

« Reply #8 on: 23 Sep 2007, 12:20 am »
Some photos from today:

1080p baby!!

Listening to the SongTowers and eating!

See Lonewolfy has to learn from the master, whereas he has to use his whole arm/elbow, Jim hs got this down to a pinky-science!

The Songtower/AVA combo in the living room:

Some 2 channel activity:

And the sweetspot, of course!

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #9 on: 23 Sep 2007, 03:26 am »
Just rolled into Bethesda MD after a great day at Pete's. It was good to see some familiar faces and hear some familiar sounds, and to enjoy the hospitality.  Hey Hey it's 1080p all the way.  I'll have to save me up some cash.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #10 on: 23 Sep 2007, 11:57 am »
Thanks for the photo's Pete !!!! :beer:

See Lonewolfy has to learn from the master, whereas he has to use his whole arm/elbow, Jim hss got this down to a pinky-science
Pinky-science....... :lol:...I thought Jim was checking to see if the finish was dry..... :jester:

(See you in Denver.....)

Chris

stereodad

« Reply #11 on: 23 Sep 2007, 10:12 pm »
What did the people think about the SongTowers? How did they compare to the other Salk speakers?

Thanks Larry

jsalk

« Reply #12 on: 23 Sep 2007, 11:50 pm »
Pete -

Thanks to you and Brenda for hosting another fine event.  You really know how to make people feel at home.  Mary and I had a great time.

Again, many thanks for all your fine work and another great event!

- Jim