My AKSA Chassis

EchiDna

My AKSA Chassis
« on: 3 Jan 2003, 05:12 am »
A few people on Harmonic Discord asked me how I did it, so I've posted some pics into my Gallery here and will post a sort of 'instruction' set soon...

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=13

Hopefully my GK-1 will feature there soon too ;-)

jcoat007

My AKSA Chassis
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2003, 06:26 pm »
Yes, please post the "instructions" as soon as you can.  

Also, post where you got your chassis parts from.

Thanks

Steve

JohnR

My AKSA Chassis
« Reply #2 on: 9 Jan 2003, 11:31 pm »
Hiya Glen, nice pics! I'd been meaning to ask earlier, been kinda busy with this server business...  :|

So you drilled holes in the heatsink and tapped into the ends of the square bars? I like that idea, it seems a bit simpler than what I was thinking about. I'd like to make a case for my 100 Watter that's collecting dust in the closet  :(  using the (regular) heatsinks as sides. I bought an Al thread tapper, and was going to tap into the sinks so I could just bolt on four panels. But I think your system might be easier ;)

EchiDna

My AKSA Chassis
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2003, 12:40 am »
Quote from: JohnR

So you drilled holes in the heatsink and tapped into the ends of the square bars?

thats exactly what I did at the top of the heatsinks, and at the bottom I used a thick (almost an inch) piece of plywood with three wood screws going through the side of the heat sink and into the wood. This gives the amp more rigidity and a firm base for the torroids and power supply to mount onto....  sigh having some 'fun' with my AKSA at the moment actually... I've done something weird to it and I'm getting no bass from the left channel at all. However, the bright news is that Hugh's awesome customer service is still at work and he is guiding me through it slowly ;-)