New Copper Caps and introductory pricing

Sonicjoy

Re: New Copper Caps and introductory pricing
« Reply #40 on: 28 Jun 2020, 04:27 pm »
Very cool! I would think that should make a noticeable improvement.  Keep us posted.

TexE4D

« Reply #41 on: 9 Jul 2020, 10:12 pm »
Received my Copper Caps today from GR Research, 12uF, 12uF, 9uF to replace my Mundorf MCap Classic aluminized PP film 33uF.
Build quality is solid and the weight is hefty, especially compared to the MCap.
Gonna have to get creative on the available real estate of my bi-wire crossover bases.

JOATMON

« Reply #42 on: 28 Jul 2020, 05:19 am »
Received my Copper Caps today from GR Research, 12uF, 12uF, 9uF to replace my Mundorf MCap Classic aluminized PP film 33uF.
Build quality is solid and the weight is hefty, especially compared to the MCap.
Gonna have to get creative on the available real estate of my bi-wire crossover bases.

Hi there! I was wondering how you like these new copper caps? I do know that they take some time to burn-in. Thanks!

TexE4D

« Reply #43 on: 29 Jul 2020, 12:54 am »
I haven't yet incorporated the new Copper Caps.

MokhaMark

« Reply #44 on: 11 Aug 2020, 04:14 pm »
Hi Richie,

I just finished my XL-S Encore build, my first ever, and I am ecstatic. I cannot believe the sound coming out of these little boxes.

I learned a lot in the process and I am sure my next crossover will go together more cleanly. I have a friend already interested in buying my first pair so thinking to buy another kit and do it again!

Do you think these new copper caps are over kill for the Encore tweeter?

If I understand correctly, I could build a new cross over (or change existing if there is room) with a 9.0 uF and 12 uF copper cap?

If you do not think it is over kill, and I buy a new Encore kit with these copper caps instead of the Sonicaps, what would the net cost be by deducting the cost of the Sonicaps?

If you prefer I call you, please let me know and I will.

Thank you again for all of your guidance to us newbies. I am really happy with my speakers.

Mark

MokhaMark

« Reply #45 on: 11 Aug 2020, 04:16 pm »
Sorry Danny, I meant to write Danny, not Richie!

Zitoun

« Reply #46 on: 8 Sep 2020, 12:29 pm »
Is the 50% sales over ?

Danny Richie

« Reply #47 on: 8 Sep 2020, 02:25 pm »
I think before I went that far on the X-LS Encore, I would step up to the NX Studio Monitor and take those the extra mile.

And we have still been honoring the sale price.