SP3 - Two sub channels possible?

derekcooper

SP3 - Two sub channels possible?
« on: 4 Mar 2019, 04:37 pm »
Hey Brystoners,

Is that a word, "Brystoners?"

Setting up a HT with the SP3 and looking to run two subs in a 5.2 configuration. Unfortunately, the subs do not have out ports, so they can't be daisy-chained. Is there a way to assign one of the unused balanced-out ports on the SP3 to act as a second sub port?

Derek

derekcooper

Re: SP3 - Two sub channels possible?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2019, 04:58 pm »
Don't you hate when you embarrass yourself and find the answer after you post? It appears as though I can assign AUX OUTPUTS to SubWoofer...  :duh:

gbaby

« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2019, 04:18 pm »
Don't you hate when you embarrass yourself and find the answer after you post? It appears as though I can assign AUX OUTPUTS to SubWoofer...  :duh:

I have been using an aux output for a second sub for years. It makes a difference.  :D

ragg987

« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2019, 12:22 pm »
I had been using Aux-L and Aux-R previously - see my setup and impressions here
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=116297.0][url]https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=116297.0[/url]

I have since moved house and some aspects of my system are changed, but more importantly am now using the single .1 output of the SP3 to drive both subwoofers using a Y-adaptor. I cannot comment if it is better, but I am happy with the result and using the .1 gives much better control of the subs. The Aux outputs have limited control options, plus there is a delay in timing compared to the mains which makes setting phase tricky.

dminches

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2019, 10:41 pm »
If one selects 7.1 bypass as the input source will the 2nd sub connect to either the XLR sub output or the AUX-L output receive a signal?

stanb

« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2019, 04:21 pm »
Hi dminches,

AUX-L/R should output the sub (and centre) but it will be the same sub signal as going out from the XLR sub output.
Stan

dminches

« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2019, 05:49 pm »
Hi dminches,

AUX-L/R should output the sub (and centre) but it will be the same sub signal as going out from the XLR sub output.
Stan

Great.  So it sounds like one can get 7.2 output from the 7.1 bypass input.  Is that correct?