Looking for a quality USB DAC $300 budget

low.pfile

Re: Looking for a quality USB DAC $300 budget
« Reply #20 on: 9 Oct 2007, 01:51 am »
May I blatantly recommend the USB DAC that I'm currently offering for sale?  :duh:

I have posted the detail and test result of the thingy in Industry Ads.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=44975.0

Thanks for the reminder Zyca, the KECES was recommended on post #7 (page 1). Seems like a bargain.

It does look really cool...
gllg.. Being a design person, Im a sucker for the see thru top. Nice Touch.
Mike

While, myself I have to say as a design person (as in a product designer), I am not a sucker for any clear enclosures. I find them to be too associated with Point of Purchase displays for products - where I find that use of clear cases appropriate if done well. So far I've made quite a few aesthetic compromises in my selection of audio equipment - not letting my design eye control my wallet (thankfully I have pretty good self-control). Had I let my design sensibilities take control my system would be about 10x the cost what it is now.

Enjoy the music ~ed

Zyca

• Industry Participant
    • Acoustic Fun Web Store!
« Reply #21 on: 9 Oct 2007, 01:59 am »
May I blatantly recommend the USB DAC that I'm currently offering for sale?  :duh:

Thanks for the reminder Zyca, the KECES was recommended on post #7 (page 1). Seems like a bargain.

It does look really cool...
gllg.. Being a design person, Im a sucker for the see thru top. Nice Touch.
Mike

While, myself I have to say as a design person (as in a product designer), I am not a sucker for any clear enclosures. I find them to be too associated with Point of Purchase displays for products - where I find that use of clear cases appropriate if done well. So far I've made quite a few aesthetic compromises in my selection of audio equipment - not letting my design eye control my wallet (thankfully I have pretty good self-control). Had I let my design sensibilities take control my system would be about 10x the cost what it is now.

Enjoy the music ~ed

Haha, I missed that, that's what happen when you tried to reply to a post when half awaken.  Sorry.

Well, we are planning on switching to the DA-131 type of styling.  Where we use a smoked top that don't reveal too much of the innards.  Some users seem to like the "mech" look that the clear top provides, while others prefer the more subtle smoked top. ;)

Any suggestions on our DA-131's styling? ;)  We do like to make our stuff look good too ;)

EchiDna

« Reply #22 on: 9 Oct 2007, 01:32 pm »

Hi Zyca,
Please edit your post - commerical posts are only allowed in the industry ads circle...

cheers,

EchiDna

Angaria

« Reply #23 on: 9 Oct 2007, 01:48 pm »
As I mentioned over in the sub 1K usb dac thread, try the citypulse 7.2 txco dac.  Could slot under your limit depending on the exchange rate.  Beat the benchmark1 IMHO.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
    • Acoustic Fun Web Store!
« Reply #24 on: 10 Oct 2007, 11:57 pm »

Hi Zyca,
Please edit your post - commerical posts are only allowed in the industry ads circle...

cheers,

EchiDna

Deleted, sorry about that.

low.pfile

« Reply #25 on: 15 Feb 2008, 10:24 pm »
HMMM....that budget was shot to heck!**

Thanks for all on the advice, I am sure this will help others looking for a DAC in that pricepoint.

**Just pulled the trigger an a Wavelength Brick DAC (msrp $1750). reminder: the application of this DAC is with a G5 server and nearfield powered monitors (bluesky mediadesk2.1) in my home office. I'll write a separate review of my observations of the Brick compared to the Monarchy dac in my main system.

yeeha.

ed

Wavelength Audio Brick link