Help!

DerekC503

Help!
« on: 13 Jun 2022, 05:32 pm »
I recently purchased a complete home theater off of facebook marketplace for $800 ( I feel like it was the deal of a lifetime!) and am in need of some input for setup/calibration. The set up is 3 large speakers (red ones) that I have researched and believe are Gedlee Abbey? 

I have installed 2 of the 8 18" subs as pictured. Subs being driven by suntron mq600 and fronts by an Acurus 3 channel 200wpc. Denon avr-6200w for main head unit and monitor audio silver bookshelves are serving as my rear surrounds for now. I understand that these are probably much larger than needed for my room. I took them from a room 35'x22' with a listening position of 17' and now I am at a touch less than 10'.  I am needing help with crossover settings and understanding how to make the most of what I have in such a small space. I have the projector and 14 other speakers in storage until I can build a suitable room. Any input appreciate.

TomS

Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2022, 01:39 am »
That is gold right there! Looks like a pair of Abbeys and maybe a smaller Nathan center channel. They will work especially well in your smaller room since they're controlled directivity designs. You definitely need to use the subs as the Abbeys do roll off fairly high, despite the apparent size of them. Being pro drivers they are also rather efficient, so high power isn't as necessary. Start out with REW to measure and integrate them with the subs and you're mostly good to go.

DerekC503

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2022, 09:57 pm »
Yes I previously had a pair of Klipsch Heresy's and a Klipsch R12 sub which I did enjoy. The new setup is amazing. I have read that the abbeys need to be toed in at nearly 45degrees? Im sorry Im a little new to a lot of this but what exactly is REW?  Thanks for the input!

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2022, 10:38 pm »
Yes, heavy toe in is needed.

https://www.roomeqwizard.com/

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2022, 11:33 pm »
Yep, TomS is indeed correct.  Toe and measure away. 

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=86403.0