DAC-9

worldcat

Re: DAC-9
« Reply #20 on: 1 Apr 2011, 08:35 pm »
YEs ok i see it great good to know!! :lol:

mramsden

Re: DAC-9 audition?
« Reply #21 on: 15 Apr 2011, 04:45 am »
Seems release is imminent ... when might we see some reviews of this highly anticipated device? 

I have some $$$ burning a hole in my pocket, waiting for this ...

Any any out there yet, being listened to, given the reported launch?

rbbert

« Reply #22 on: 19 Apr 2011, 05:43 pm »
Is there any consideration of a stereo analog in to make use of the DAC9 as a preamp (for SACD or LP)?

audio.bill

« Reply #23 on: 3 May 2011, 11:57 pm »
Any update on the scheduled release of the DAC-9?

ohlins

« Reply #24 on: 4 May 2011, 04:27 pm »
my dealer informed me DAC 9 has arrived in Singapore...

John Casler

« Reply #25 on: 4 May 2011, 07:52 pm »
my dealer informed me DAC 9 has arrived in Singapore...

Most recent update from US is that they may arrive May 5th.

worldcat

« Reply #26 on: 9 May 2011, 08:20 pm »
Has anyone received one yet?   If so how does it sound?

ohlins

« Reply #27 on: 16 May 2011, 01:46 pm »
picked mine up this evening...

ohlins

« Reply #28 on: 18 May 2011, 11:23 am »

another pic.... am using the 110 ohms connection now....

audio.bill

« Reply #29 on: 18 May 2011, 02:27 pm »
Glad to hear that there are some owners out there now. So, any impressions to share? There are many of us who are interested in how this unit performs, and how it compares to other DACs. Thanks in advance!

charliefoxtrot

« Reply #30 on: 18 May 2011, 04:00 pm »
+ 1.

audio newb

« Reply #31 on: 19 May 2011, 07:43 pm »
I'm almost afraid to ask this, but tweekgeek has these listed at $1250.  Is this a limited time deal, did the list price come down, or what?  And hopefully it isn't or what.  ;)  Looking forward to hearing impressions on this one.  Also, if one of the nuforce guys sees this I was wondering if the balanced and unbalanced outputs are buffered separately.  I was hoping to use this as a digital pre driving both a sub and an amp so hopefully this setup won't run in to problems.

ohlins

« Reply #32 on: 20 May 2011, 01:42 pm »
I'd checked with Jason and he confirmed that $1695 is the list price...

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #33 on: 23 May 2011, 06:48 pm »
So the big question is how does it sound??????

jimdgoulding

« Reply #34 on: 24 May 2011, 04:20 pm »
Sounds like it will be a winner for you.  I have experience with taking my preamp out of the signal path and it was quite a revelation.

John Casler

« Reply #35 on: 24 May 2011, 06:57 pm »
I should have one here (in LA) in a day or so to burn in for the The Home Entertainment Show in Newport.

I will report once it is in my system burning in. 

Remember however, I am a dealer. 8)

John Casler

« Reply #36 on: 26 May 2011, 08:42 pm »
The DAC-9 for THE Show in Newport arrived yesterday and is now burning in.

Out of the box (cold) it was the most "tubelike" DAC I have ever heard.

S-M-O-O-T-H. . . . . Luscious Mids

Now about 15 hours in, bass is tightening up and detail is coming to the front a bit.

Also it has very palpable DEPTH in the 3-D if the images.

:thumb:

Wondering what 100 hours will bring.

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #37 on: 2 Jun 2011, 07:14 pm »

rbbert

« Reply #38 on: 3 Jun 2011, 03:29 am »
Well, I haven't been able to get my just received unit to work.  It arrived set for 220, but I changed that.  It turns on, but the right side display reads 44 for every input, connected or not.  No sound comes out from any input (I've tried both coax and the AES/EBU from 2 different sources so far).  When I called NuForce, I was unable to speak to anyone who could help (model too new??).

John Casler

« Reply #39 on: 3 Jun 2011, 05:14 am »
Well, I haven't been able to get my just received unit to work.  It arrived set for 220, but I changed that.  It turns on, but the right side display reads 44 for every input, connected or not.  No sound comes out from any input (I've tried both coax and the AES/EBU from 2 different sources so far).  When I called NuForce, I was unable to speak to anyone who could help (model too new??).

Hi rbbert,

While I am not tech support, I have a few hours experience with the DAC and had the same problem, because silly me, I didn't check the voltage, since I thought it would be preset.  So if anyone is not getting sound the very first thing is check the voltage which will likely be set for 220v.

Second; the Coax digital inputs are listed on the rear as COAX #1 AND COAX #2, but they are actually DAC inputs #3 and #4.  Those would be the first two things I might tell you to check.

Not sure about the AES/EBU, but make sure it is set to the correct DAC input according to the manual.

I have over 100 hours on the one we are using at The Home Entertainment Show (ROOM 411) in Newport Beach this week end and it is spectacular.  Full, clear, and excellent bass.

In fact, when I left we had it set up as a Preamp and DAC and the bass was so good that we didn't even turn on the sub. (and may not in that small room)

Hope that helps :green: