Vapor Audio pics/Akfest

stlrman

Vapor Audio pics/Akfest
« on: 1 May 2012, 01:42 am »
I posted about 50 pics of various Vapor Audio pictures for a couple of friends,and thought maybe a few others might want to check em out.
My Breezes are sounding mighty sweet, they are eye candy too.
Please feel free to visit www.sendtoprint.net.  Event code is vapor
Todd

cujobob

Re: Vapor Audio pics/Akfest
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2012, 01:49 am »
Can you share anything about the Breeze? I've been looking for a low cost RAAL speaker and this one seems perfect for my needs, but not a lot written. How does it compare with the Cirrus (assuming one is pairing either with a sub, of course)?

I'm going to check out your pictures, thanks for posting it for us!

mr_bill

« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2012, 01:50 am »
Anyone know the finish on the Cirrus - I really like that brown color and veneer.

kgturner

« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2012, 02:11 am »
Anyone know the finish on the Cirrus - I really like that brown color and veneer.

Looks like some manner of crotch wood. I want to say Walnut, but that's just what I always think when I see that color wood.

Kevin T

stlrman

« Reply #4 on: 1 May 2012, 02:45 am »
Cujo I will pm you tomorrow.loving them!

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #5 on: 1 May 2012, 03:33 am »
Wow those are the best looking breeze I have ever seen.  Those are going to one lucky person.  The cirrus are gorgeous to but with that shape they don't need much.  Already some of the best sounding speakers in the world at their price point but it looks like ryan keeps getting better at the aesthetics side too.

Rclark

« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2012, 05:47 am »
 Oh wow, I just discovered the Vapor website

http://www.vaporsound.com/#all

I'd been interested in the Cirrus, but I didn't know he also has a $1200 model, and even a model in the 2K range.

I just added a third option for my next speakers.

retiredguy

« Reply #7 on: 1 May 2012, 01:21 pm »
Can you share anything about the Breeze? I've been looking for a low cost RAAL speaker and this one seems perfect for my needs, but not a lot written. How does it compare with the Cirrus (assuming one is pairing either with a sub, of course)?

I heard the Breeze at AKFest this last weekend.  They were my favorite of the 3 Vapor Audio speakers I heard.  I think this is because they best matched the relatively small room size and close listening distance.  If you have a smaller room or listen in the near field I can't imagine you would need to spend more.  Given the small room I didn't feel the need for a sub, nor did others to whom I talked.  Of course YMMV, but the most asked question was "Are you using a sub?" And the answer was "No".  They are an incredible value for a commercial speaker with a RAAL tweeter.

stlrman

« Reply #8 on: 1 May 2012, 01:53 pm »
Thanks Sharpsuxx, Those bad boys are mine. :D
They are done with curved cabinet,redwood burl, with upgrades to tweeter and crossover. The crossover is in the base of the stands.
I seriously can not believe the sound I am getting in my home. Super duper detailed while retaining their musicality, lush midrange, and the best highs I have ever heard. This is my last speaker purchase!! I have a 12 inch Servo sub which I have not felt the need to hook up. The bass is that powerful and detailed.
I am running the Breeze with an Onkyo 9555a.  I bought this used on Audiogon for $325. I am using
an Oppo 980h for cd and SACD's. Speaker wire is 14 gage. The sound is superlative.
 My previous system was SP Tech Minis(retailed 3k) with a Musical Fidelity A5(retailed 3k), Anylasis Oval 9 speaker wire.
 The sound I'm getting now far exceeds my past system in all perameters.
Todd

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #9 on: 1 May 2012, 07:32 pm »
Are you going to post pics and impressions Stlrman?  I am planning on ordering a Cirrus very soon but your decked out Breeze is very tempting!

Ric Schultz

« Reply #10 on: 1 May 2012, 07:46 pm »
Stlrman,
Could you give us very detailed pricing on your speakers?  From the website it is hard to know what you are getting and what the options cost.  So, there is the basic speaker.  Is the base extra?  How much for the better tweeter and crossover parts and which crossover parts and tweeter did you get?  How much extra for those rounded cabinets and how much for the finish?  Thanks,  I think this would help others get an idea of the actual costs.

vortrex

« Reply #11 on: 1 May 2012, 07:50 pm »
Stlrman,
Could you give us very detailed pricing on your speakers?  From the website it is hard to know what you are getting and what the options cost.  So, there is the basic speaker.  Is the base extra?  How much for the better tweeter and crossover parts and which crossover parts and tweeter did you get?  How much extra for those rounded cabinets and how much for the finish?  Thanks,  I think this would help others get an idea of the actual costs.

when I ordered my cirrus ryan said his custom stands were ~$400 extra.

saeyedoc

« Reply #12 on: 1 May 2012, 07:58 pm »
Stlrman,
The upgrade details for the Cirrus are on the website under "upgrade options", just the custom stands is missing. I would think the crossover, wiring, binding post, etc. options would be similar for the Breeze.

stlrman

« Reply #13 on: 1 May 2012, 08:40 pm »
I was not charged for the crossover in the stand. The stands are $400 and well worth it!
Most of the upgrades are listed on his website. It is best to call Ryan for specific details/prices on upgrades.
As I recall , no charge for rounded sides.

Doc77

« Reply #14 on: 2 May 2012, 04:32 am »
Congrats on the Breeze Todd, they were gorgeous - loved the floating baffle.  And I was just amazed at how they sounded, they're a ton of speaker for the money.  I just placed my order for a pair in my den. 

stlrman

« Reply #15 on: 2 May 2012, 02:12 pm »
Thanks Doc! They are sittin pretty in my living room, and sounding stellar!! :thumb:

Nocturne79

« Reply #16 on: 2 May 2012, 02:33 pm »
Grats on the speakers bud

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: 2 May 2012, 02:43 pm »
Thanks Doc! They are sittin pretty in my living room, and sounding stellar!! :thumb:
Pics!!!!!