My new Tyler Acoustics MM5s are finished.

decal

My new Tyler Acoustics MM5s are finished.
« on: 8 Apr 2012, 02:16 am »
Ty sent me this pic of my new MM5s he just completed.

They are the first pair of MM5 floorstanders.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: My new Tyler Acoustics MM5s are finished.
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2012, 02:49 am »
Those look hot!

decal

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2012, 10:21 pm »
They're here !!!!!!!!!! :hyper:  :drool: :singing: :banana piano: :drums: :guitar: :rock: :dance: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

These things sound really,really good right out of the box. I'm getting the extra low end that I wanted at no cost to the sweet midrange and highs that my 7U's were giving me. I'm gonna spend the rest of the evening listening to tunes, can you blame me?

jackman

« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2012, 11:21 pm »
Cool looking speakers. Congratulations on the new addition to your system.  How do they compare to the other Tyler speakers you were using?

decal

« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2012, 11:36 pm »
Cool looking speakers. Congratulations on the new addition to your system.  How do they compare to the other Tyler speakers you were using?

I'm getting the extra low end that I wanted at no cost to the sweet midrange and highs that my 7U's were giving me. I actually prefer the tweeters that Ty is using now over the Seas Millenium that are in my 7U's (never thought that would happen!!!!). 

dangerbird

« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2012, 12:10 am »
congrats-- sit back and enjoy those puppies  :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2012, 02:09 am »
I'm getting the extra low end that I wanted at no cost to the sweet midrange and highs that my 7U's were giving me.

Ha!  Did you just plagiarize yourself?   :wink:   

I think your pics show off the beautiful woodworking better than the one Ty sent you.  The veneer is stunning.

So how about a review of the sound?

Chipbyrd

« Reply #7 on: 7 May 2012, 11:29 pm »
Hey, I would love to hear how you are enjoying these.  I am considering a pair of the MM5's.  Only not the floor standings.  I think he said these beasts weigh 120lbs.  Wow.  Do tell, how do you like them?

Randy

« Reply #8 on: 7 May 2012, 11:36 pm »
Begs the question. Why doesn't Tyler have a circle here? They'd be a natural. Small, independent company and great products.

Chipbyrd

« Reply #9 on: 7 May 2012, 11:41 pm »
Yea, it would be a great circle.  I talked to him today and he sure seems to be the real deal.  It is just hard when there's so little info.  I suspect as soon as the coinage lines up I will be getting a pair.

decal

« Reply #10 on: 8 May 2012, 12:11 am »
Update on my MM5's. I've spent a lot of time listening to the MM5's over the last few weeks and they have performed exceptionally well on everything I've thrown at them from hard rock to bluegrass and damn near everything in between. I have packed up my Tyler 7U's and put them in storage!!!! I have been looking for a speaker like this for several months and when Ty announced them on A'gon, I knew I had to try them. Now I'm waiting on my new LSA integrated to arrive!!!!