SACD ripping using a PS3

ebag4

Re: SACD ripping using a PS3
« Reply #240 on: 6 May 2014, 12:52 am »
I am likely overlooking it, but I have just installed the requisite files on my PS3 and am currently ripping an SACD to my thumb drive.  I would however like to be able to rip across the network, unfortunately I cannot seem to find the file required here:

copy "Extract ISO via Network.bat" to this directory (if not already there)

Can someone send me a link or tell me what I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
Ed

BTW, Just finished putting my first SACD on the music server hard drive, everything worked perfectly!  Thanks for all your work Ted, Mr Wicked and Jesus, much appreciated!!!!

ebag4

« Reply #241 on: 7 May 2014, 02:01 am »
Does anyone know where I can find the file referenced here?

copy "Extract ISO via Network.bat" to this directory (if not already there)

Thanks,
Ed

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #242 on: 7 May 2014, 02:03 am »
You have a PM

Here is the bat file edited:
@Echo Off
$ sacd_extract -I -i192.168.1.10:2002  (put it your own ip address and port)

ebag4

« Reply #243 on: 7 May 2014, 04:59 pm »
Thanks Ted, I thought I posted this last night but for some reason it didn't shown up. 

I have the .bat file edited with my PS3 address, no issue.  However when I double click on the file to begin ripping the command prompt window flashes but disappears and the PS3 doesn't show "connected".

I was able to rip to a thumb drive without issue so I am guessing this is a network or possibly a sharing issue.  I will play with it more tonight to see if I can get it to work.

Best,
Ed

ebag4

« Reply #244 on: 8 May 2014, 12:58 am »
^
No luck so far.  My router is giving the PS3 the ip address and I can see it on my router.  I cannot see the PS3 on my network and it will not connect to the internet.  I have tried wired and wireless, no luck.  I have googled potential fixes but nothing I have tried helps.  If others have worked through this please let me know.  I could care less if it connects to the internet but I would like to be able to rip to my Win 7 machine via the network.

I just tried pinging the PS3 from the laptop, it found the PS3 so it must be a setup issue.

Thanks,
Ed

rlando

« Reply #245 on: 8 May 2014, 01:22 am »
^
No luck so far.  My router is giving the PS3 the ip address and I can see it on my router.  I cannot see the PS3 on my network and it will not connect to the internet.  I have tried wired and wireless, no luck.  I have googled potential fixes but nothing I have tried helps.  If others have worked through this please let me know.  I could care less if it connects to the internet but I would like to be able to rip to my Win 7 machine via the network.

I just tried pinging the PS3 from the laptop, it found the PS3 so it must be a setup issue.

Thanks,
Ed

@Ed, coincidentally I came here tonight to ask Ted to make a small correction to the Primer v4 when he gets ready to release v5.  I had the same problem and found it occurred because I didn't have any space between the -i parm and the IP address.  Adding the space did the trick.  @Ted, the instructions on page 13 don't show any space between the -i and the IP address.  And like Ed, it took me awhile to figure out that sacd_extract was in the archive with ISO2DSD but the text of the bat file was included on Page 13.  I haven't told my wife I bought a PS3 yet, so I hid it behind the TV and now I'm happily ripping with no visible sign of the PS3 even on the TV!

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #246 on: 8 May 2014, 01:30 am »
Sorry, and thanks for the heads up on the network bat file typos.  I don't do network/server-based ripping; instead I use thumb drives, and now Jesus's GUI to do extraction.

rlando

« Reply #247 on: 8 May 2014, 01:35 am »
I was using thumb drives, but when you're trying to hide a PS3 and a controller from your wife, you need a sneakier method.  :D

Thanks, Ted, for an outstanding guide and very well-written instructions.  I was apprehensive, but setup and ripping was a breeze.

ebag4

« Reply #248 on: 8 May 2014, 01:40 am »

@Ed, coincidentally I came here tonight to ask Ted to make a small correction to the Primer v4 when he gets ready to release v5.  I had the same problem and found it occurred because I didn't have any space between the -i parm and the IP address.  Adding the space did the trick.  @Ted, the instructions on page 13 don't show any space between the -i and the IP address.  And like Ed, it took me awhile to figure out that sacd_extract was in the archive with ISO2DSD but the text of the bat file was included on Page 13.  I haven't told my wife I bought a PS3 yet, so I hid it behind the TV and now I'm happily ripping with no visible sign of the PS3 even on the TV!
rlando, thanks for the input, much appreciated.  Unfortunately I am still having a problem.  Are there any specific network setting on the PS3 I could be missing?  For instance, is your media server connection enabled?

Thanks again,
Ed

rlando

« Reply #249 on: 8 May 2014, 05:53 pm »
@Ed, yes, my media server is enabled.  I also have the same annoying problem that you do where it says I don't have Internet access, I have no idea what that's about.  It also could be a different syntax error in the BAT file if you typed it, because it seems sacd_extract doesn't complain about bad parameters.  LMK if you need me to check anything else.

ebag4

« Reply #250 on: 8 May 2014, 06:46 pm »
@Ed, yes, my media server is enabled.  I also have the same annoying problem that you do where it says I don't have Internet access, I have no idea what that's about.  It also could be a different syntax error in the BAT file if you typed it, because it seems sacd_extract doesn't complain about bad parameters.  LMK if you need me to check anything else.
rlando, if it wouldn't be too much trouble could you type out your bat file here for comparison?  I didn't have to modify anything other than the IP address, then of course I added the space as you noted after the -I.

Thanks,
Ed

rlando

« Reply #251 on: 9 May 2014, 01:44 am »
Sure, it's as follows. Sorry this took so long, just got back home:

@Echo Off
sacd_extract –I -i 192.168.1.117:2002

rlando

« Reply #252 on: 9 May 2014, 01:53 am »
Correction to the command line above: Page 13 of the primer has a double em dash in front of the I and it should be a minus sign.  I pasted that from the primer into the BAT file, so sacd_extract doesn't recognize the -I output parameter and therefore my batch file doesn't work.  You probably can't tell from the line pasted above, but in summary, make sure it's -I and not dash I and make sure there is a space after -i and before the IP address.

ebag4

« Reply #253 on: 9 May 2014, 04:18 am »
Sure, it's as follows. Sorry this took so long, just got back home:

@Echo Off
sacd_extract –I -i 192.168.1.117:2002
Thanks rlando, no issue on the delay, I am out of town and will not be able to test until tomorrow anyway.

Best,
Ed

ebag4

« Reply #254 on: 10 May 2014, 03:16 am »
@rlando
Your file got me further.  The command window connects and stays on for a few seconds, the PS3 says connected, then it disconnects.  Still messing with it any other ideas are appreciated.

Best,
Ed

rlando

« Reply #255 on: 10 May 2014, 03:39 am »
Do you have a disc in already when you start it?  I was having that problem earlier today and now I'm trying to remember what it was...I think what I did was quit the SACD ripper and restart, and then it worked.  I've also noticed that sometimes it says on that server screen that there is a disc inserted, when the disc has in fact been ejected or there otherwise isn't one.

ebag4

« Reply #256 on: 15 May 2014, 12:15 am »
Do you have a disc in already when you start it?  I was having that problem earlier today and now I'm trying to remember what it was...I think what I did was quit the SACD ripper and restart, and then it worked.  I've also noticed that sometimes it says on that server screen that there is a disc inserted, when the disc has in fact been ejected or there otherwise isn't one.
Thanks rlando, I have tried every sequence I can think of.  It appears that something is causing the SACD_Extract program to stop.  The connection is working but just a few seconds (or less) after it connects it the command window closes, I sometimes get the SACD_Extract error message.  Would it be possible to list the files you have in your destination folder?

Thanks,
Ed

Edit: It has just started working, I haven't ripped a complete disk yet but everything appears to be working as it should.  I am not certain what change I made to get it to start working, however I did start from scratch with the Extract via Network batch file.  When I copied it over initially the command window would only flash on then close.  Once I put a space between the -i and the IP address the window stayed open longer then closed before doing anything.  Then I deleted the $ and space and VIOLA, it started working.  This is what my extract via network batch file looks like now:
@Echo
sacd_extract -I -i 192.168.1.140:2002

I could have sworn it has looked like that before, but maybe I had a misplaced space or something along those lines keeping it from starting properly.  Thanks Ted and rlando for your help with this, much appreciated.

Best,
Ed

rlando

« Reply #257 on: 15 May 2014, 10:58 pm »
Glad to hear you got it working.  Maybe someone on here can explain why it says we aren't connected to the Internet.  Probably because we aren't, but why not?  Do we need to change a router setting?

ebag4

« Reply #258 on: 15 May 2014, 11:03 pm »
Thanks.  I am not concerned about not being connected to the net, the only thing I will use this for is to rip SACDs, it would be my luck that I would somehow accidentally upgrade to a newer rev if I had the connection.  :lol:
Best,
Ed

strat95

« Reply #259 on: 17 May 2014, 04:35 am »
I'm hoping someone here may be able to confirm if a PS3 I have sourced would fit the bill in it's current state to be made to rip SACDs.

I am told it is a working 3.55 PS3 CECHA01 backwards compatible with KMEAW firmware and multiman installed.

Any help is appreciated.

TV