« Reply #6381 on: 20 Nov 2015, 01:42 am »

The Lady. 180Gm re-issue.

Doc

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
Re: P-Mans "Rock and Roll" Vinyl LP page
« Reply #6382 on: 20 Nov 2015, 03:06 am »

Steeleye Span: Parcel of Rouges
Maddy Prior can't compete with The Lady, but second best ain't bad.

Doc

bside123

« Reply #6383 on: 20 Nov 2015, 02:58 pm »

Daryl Hall / John Oates "Abandoned Diner" 1973 Atlantic Records LP

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6384 on: 20 Nov 2015, 04:51 pm »
This was the last record I played Monday evening. I lost power on Tuesday around 5:30 pm and I am going on 63 hours without power. Violent windstorm roared through Spokane late Tuesday and about 60% of the city lost power, over 180,000. Estimates were 3-5 days. About 100,000 have had power restored. I am one of the 80,000 still waiting. I'm fortunate that no trees fell on my house. I have neighbors who were not so fortunate. Downtown did not lose power so the office is the place to be right now. :o

BTW, This is a great sounding album!!! My favorite JA album followed closely by After Bathing at Baxters

pconley2

« Reply #6385 on: 20 Nov 2015, 05:07 pm »
This was the last record I played Monday evening. I lost power on Tuesday around 5:30 pm and I am going on 63 hours without power. Violent windstorm roared through Spokane late Tuesday and about 60% of the city lost power, over 180,000. Estimates were 3-5 days. About 100,000 have had power restored. I am one of the 80,000 still waiting. I'm fortunate that no trees fell on my house. I have neighbors who were not so fortunate. Downtown did not lose power so the office is the place to be right now. :o

BTW, This is a great sounding album!!! My favorite JA album followed closely by After Bathing at Baxters

Laura, hope have power again soon, nothing like being in the 12th century to remind us of what we have and how dependent we are on electricity for our enjoyment.  I have been traveling all week so I am glad that you have your copy of Surrealistic Pillow, mine is waiting for me when I get home.  The summer of '67 was astonishing, this album, the first Doors album, the first Dead album and some album called Sargent Pepper's, I forget who that was by.

BTW, my next favorite JA album is Bless it's pointed little head, because I love the energy they achieve live, not to mention the great picture of Jack Cassidy, rock's great unsung bassist passed out on the table--oh well, those were the days.

bside123

« Reply #6386 on: 20 Nov 2015, 05:16 pm »

The Incredible String Band "The 5000 Spirits Or The Layers Of The Onion" 1967 Elektra Records LP

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6387 on: 20 Nov 2015, 05:26 pm »

Sorry to hear of the outage Laura. Hopefully they get you up soon, colder air headed your way if it hasn't already arrived. Mine was out from 3:50 Tues till 6 AM Wed. Of course I sit on the circuit split so 1 block east the lights were on. Mildly frustrating as we knew where the offending tree top 1/2 block west was sitting on the lines. Of course my house is the office so that isn't an option here, though suppose I should break down and get a generator.

Stay warm. Will add that one to the list, though am giving hard consideration to taking advantage of Lou's sale, a friend in Bellingham is feeding the frenzy. We've both been thinking of upgrading for a bit, so a trip to Ferndale seems on the calendar in the near future.

Be Well -
JD

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6388 on: 20 Nov 2015, 05:34 pm »
Sorry to hear of the outage Laura. Hopefully they get you up soon, colder air headed your way if it hasn't already arrived. Mine was out from 3:50 Tues till 6 AM Wed. Of course I sit on the circuit split so 1 block east the lights were on. Mildly frustrating as we knew where the offending tree top 1/2 block west was sitting on the lines. Of course my house is the office so that isn't an option here, though suppose I should break down and get a generator.

Stay warm. Will add that one to the list, though am giving hard consideration to taking advantage of Lou's sale, a friend in Bellingham is feeding the frenzy. We've both been thinking of upgrading for a bit, so a trip to Ferndale seems on the calendar in the near future.

Be Well -
JD

JD,

I picked up a generator yesterday afternoon so I have my refrigerator and freezer plugged in and a oil circulating radiator style space heater in my bedroom. I have had a fire in the fireplace and last night I was able to turn on the blower on the fireplace to blow hot air into the room. I am well insulated so my house has stayed at 50- 55. That is still chilly, but not unbearably cold.

I just had Lou upgrade the two 8" drivers in my DA 1.1 v2 speakers. I was breaking them in when I lost power. Lou's work is to drawer in both sound and looks. Also, his isolation devices work better than anything I have ever tried.

Take care,

Laura

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #6389 on: 20 Nov 2015, 08:14 pm »
[Maddy Prior can't compete with The Lady, but second best ain't bad.

Doc
[/quote]

Doc, as much as I like SD, me thinks you might have to might have to invite some other ladies in for listening, such as Jaqui McShee, here with Pentangle, "Sweet Child ".

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #6390 on: 20 Nov 2015, 08:39 pm »
Them's fightin' words. BTW, I have all of Pentagle's recordings and most other British folk rock albums of the day and I couldn't agree with you less. :P

Doc.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #6391 on: 20 Nov 2015, 08:54 pm »
Them's fightin' words. BTW, I have all of Pentagle's recordings and most other British folk rock albums of the day and I couldn't agree with you less. :P

Doc.

Tsk,tsk,tsk, doc. All het up about nothin'. How's about some June to warm your October?

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #6392 on: 20 Nov 2015, 11:39 pm »

Cures what ails you.

bside123

« Reply #6393 on: 21 Nov 2015, 12:55 am »

Ry Cooder "Bop Till You Drop" 1979 Warner Brothers Records LP

bside123