Members Gallery, Pictures of Salk speakers in members homes

ckullmann1

Re: Members Gallery, Pictures of Salk speakers in members homes
« Reply #280 on: 7 Mar 2014, 01:11 pm »
My Songtowers are about 80 inches apart, 20 inches from the back wall and 8 feet from the PLP.  The room is actuall 20 x 20 with an L-shaped sofa separating the halfs (you can see part of it). 

Any thoughts on the speaker separation or distance from the wall?

What's the motivation for putting the tweeters on the outside?  Is it typically to increase the soundstage for situations where the speakers are close together?

Thanks for  your thoughts! Chas

Mr. Don

« Reply #281 on: 18 Oct 2014, 06:00 pm »
This is a photo of black Song Tower RTs in a temporary setup in my listening room for a local audio club meet several months ago. Audio Research tube amp and pre with Avanti cables in this configuration. Sounded nice!

TJHUB

« Reply #282 on: 2 Nov 2014, 11:24 pm »
Figured I'd post my HT2-TL's in their new home.  I have some changes coming soon, so this won't last long.

Ace Deprave

« Reply #283 on: 1 Dec 2014, 10:35 pm »
Here are my Veracity STs in their new space.

« Last Edit: 17 Aug 2020, 03:46 pm by Ace Deprave »

Saturn94

« Reply #284 on: 2 Dec 2014, 12:18 am »
Here are my Veracity STs in their new space.

Very nice.  I've always loved that two tone finish you chose.  :thumb:

Ace Deprave

« Reply #285 on: 2 Dec 2014, 08:38 pm »
Very nice.  I've always loved that two tone finish you chose.  :thumb:

Thanks!!!

robcentola

« Reply #286 on: 3 Dec 2014, 11:37 am »
That came together nicely! Well done!

chargedmr2

« Reply #287 on: 4 Dec 2014, 04:17 am »
TJHUB,

Did you get rid of the subs in the process of moving?  Just curious what happened to those beasts!

TJHUB

« Reply #288 on: 4 Dec 2014, 04:20 am »
TJHUB,

Did you get rid of the subs in the process of moving?  Just curious what happened to those beasts!

I now have 2 separate setups, the subs are now home theater only in another room.

indydieselnut

« Reply #289 on: 4 Dec 2014, 08:16 pm »
Greetings!  I'm new to the forum but have enjoyed seeing your wonderful systems.  I've had my HT2-TL for several months now and am enjoying every minute.  My space is a bit odd, but I've found a spot in the basement that allows me to coax excellent sound in spite of less than ideal circumstances.  Jim and his team have been amazing from day one. 

Eldecar

« Reply #290 on: 6 Feb 2015, 08:16 pm »

Austin08

« Reply #291 on: 1 Mar 2015, 02:04 am »
My SS8s in their new home

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #292 on: 1 Mar 2015, 02:25 am »
Looks fantastic Austin08!

Ace Deprave

« Reply #293 on: 1 Mar 2015, 04:32 pm »
My SS8s in their new home

Well done!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #294 on: 8 Apr 2015, 08:16 pm »
Below are a pair of Song Towers that we use for tv and casual music in our living-dining room area.

In my previous house these were the rear channels in an all Song Tower home theater setup.

They sound outstanding just being powered by a Denon 3808Ci receiver, which is fed by an Intel NUC pc running Jriver.

George

will mac

« Reply #295 on: 14 Sep 2015, 07:27 pm »
Stunning veneer on all of these and the finish is incredible .. would love to know what is used to make the grain pop out like it does.

Tic tac

« Reply #296 on: 5 Nov 2015, 01:44 pm »
Salk ellis 1801b in Vietnam

Austin08

« Reply #297 on: 5 Nov 2015, 02:18 pm »
Salk ellis 1801b in Vietnam

Look great Tic Tac. Since you are living in Vn, Look like you have spent a lot of money, time and effort to get a system like that. Welcome to Salk family.

jermmd

« Reply #298 on: 30 Dec 2015, 02:59 pm »
I've been away for a while and am just catching up with threads. Some really nice set ups here. I'm redoing my home theater this winter and wonder about putting a TV over the fireplace. George, do you use your fireplace? Is it a problem for your setup?
 By the way, what are you doing in New Hampshire?

Joe M.

taigovinda

« Reply #299 on: 11 Mar 2017, 01:48 pm »
Greetings.  Just wanted to share the joy with a few words and a couple pix of the subwoofers that Jim Salk made for me.

They are the Salk version of Rythmik F25, which is a sealed dual 15"- in bamboo to match the finish of my mains.  My room is about 8000 cubic feet and wide open to other parts of the house; I wanted Rythmik, sealed, with enough power to fill my room... and pretty.  I figured I wouldn't be able to afford Salk/Rythmik but turns out he really doesn't charge much of a premium compared to Rythmik, for what you get in beauty (and more robust construction). 

Also I picked them up thinking to save freight, and the trip turned out to be quite a treat!  Between Jim, Mary and two staff members whose names I was too excited to remember, I received a tour of the entire shop with lots of beautiful speakers in various build stages, a quick tutorial on set-up and polishing, and a perfect loading job (they just barely fit in my car, I'm sure I would've scratched them).  Also my 3-yr-old son got introduced to ping pong and his demands were met regarding reading two books to him.  It really was an overwhelmingly pleasant experience and so great of all the folks at Salk to spend the time with us.

Now that the subs have been in my house for a couple of weeks... I'm not good at fluffy audio words, but I couldn't be happier with their musicality, power, and looks.  They fill up the whole room, even at low volume levels (we listen low enough in the evenings that I used trigger cables); we notice now that two notes are different or that one note is actually two quick ones or just hear/feel sound that wasn't present before; and now that I've got them dialed in I understand what "disappear" means.  I did follow an REW tutorial to do a rudimentary accuracy test, and the way they're set up now they're +/-3 db from 14hz to 80hz.  Some of the things that sound way better now: Kodo (Japanese drum band), Interstellar, Drive, Rango, and all the other music and movies that we've played!  Thanks Jim!

Hopefully this thread is an OK place for the above - here are the pix!!

Tai