Introduction: Meier Audio / CORDA

Jan Meier

• Industry Participant
Introduction: Meier Audio / CORDA
« on: 20 Dec 2020, 09:10 am »
Dear audiofriends,

around 20 years ago, when for fun I published a number of articles on the headphone site Headwize, nobody could foresee that this was the beginning of my own company. Especially my crossfeed design became rather popular and I started to produce DIY-kits and, later on, also assembled headphone amplifiers.

Sales increased rapidly and soon my hobby became my full-time profession.

I'm by origin a physicist, specialized in Biomedical Engineering. As such I've learned that perception not always can be "catched" by plain numbers. In the case of audio electronics the numbers guarantee proper engineering but for fine-tuning our ears are indispensable.

As a trained scientist I always look for new methods to enhance the listening experience and to overcome the limitations of "standard" electronic schemes. For me this is the hobby/fun-part of my profession. Crossfeed, active balanced ground, FF-technique, ... Please visit my website at www.meier-audio.com and you will understand what I mean.

Apart from that I sell headphones and headphone amplifiers. That's the part of my profession that keeps me "alive".

Should you ever need some advice regarding headphones and headphone amplifiers, please do not hesitate to send me a mail at meier-audio@t-online.de.

Happy listenings,

Jan Meier