What is the MEGAschino Cherry ?

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: What is the MEGAschino Cherry ?
« Reply #80 on: 26 Mar 2018, 12:35 pm »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/megaschino-world-class-high-power-audio-amplifier

The 1200AS2 about 70 kHz at -3 dB. With this trick -like many others amps- increases SNR. Well, 70 kHz is a good compromise, bandwith greater than other class D amps.

Class D poweramp with great efficiency and bandwith <- very good engineering here.
Thanks for the compliment, but it's important to note the difference between SONICS and specifications.  Yes, we have great specs, but our primary concern is sound qualityHave you read the first post on this thread?

maty

« Reply #81 on: 26 Mar 2018, 01:47 pm »
The sound quality is subjective, the specs do not. When I commented on the great improvement in the sound of my cheap tweaked KEF Q100 coaxial speakers, diyers do not believe it or do not want to believe it because it is subjective so it does not make sense to argue about it.

I had not read it. At that time I was more aware of other things: how to solve/reduce my very great problems at home: DC, high voltage, noise, RF/EMI interferences...

Your amplifiers meet the necessary conditions to have an excellent sound, it is the only thing I can say without having heard them.

geek101

« Reply #82 on: 20 Oct 2018, 05:26 am »
Richidoo thank you for reply, thing is I have Luxman m900 amp and everything plays just fine so it could not be the break in issue but when I plug in line v60 the sound just falls through and trying to figure it out. I used short speaker cables supplied with the in line cherries will try to use my long speaker cables I got with the cherries see if that helps.

Ottablue,

I am so glad I found this thread. I just got myself a pair of Legacy Aeris and looking for a good class D amp and was also considering Luxman AMPs (M800A, M700) etc.

Did you resolve the issue with your Aeris, I would love to find out more.

thanks

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #83 on: 22 Oct 2018, 05:14 am »
Ottablue,

I am so glad I found this thread. I just got myself a pair of Legacy Aeris and looking for a good class D amp and was also considering Luxman AMPs (M800A, M700) etc.

Did you resolve the issue with your Aeris, I would love to find out more.

thanks
The guy that owns all these Cherry amps also has Legacy Aeris.  I’ll try to find the photos.  You can see the crossover from outside the enclosure, I seem to recall....

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #84 on: 22 Oct 2018, 05:22 am »
The guy that owns all these Cherry amps also has Legacy Aeris.  I’ll try to find the photos.  You can see the crossover from outside the enclosure, I seem to recall....

Here’s one of the photos.  There are more somewhere.  He would probably enjoy speaking with you about the combination of our Cherry MEGA and Maraschino amps with the Legacies.  He’s also driven the them with Classic Cherry amps as well as many non-Cherry Amps.  Send me a PM if you’d like to get in touch with him.  Thanks.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
MEGA in Red !!
« Reply #85 on: 5 Nov 2018, 06:49 pm »

Anyone know why Audio Circle wrecks the image quality or how to fix that?  These original files of these images are super clean!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
MEGAschino Review by Steven Stone for Home Theater Review
« Reply #86 on: 11 Dec 2018, 05:57 pm »
Steven Stone reviewed our Stereo MEGAschino Cherry Amplifier for Home Theater Review.

some quotes:

“During the review, the MEGAschino was connected to three different loudspeaker systems: the Elac AF-61, Spatial X-2 prototype, and Spatial X-2 production spec. version.”

“As you might expect from a designer with Tommy O'Brien's objectivist outlook, the MEGAschino is definitely the most uncolored power amplifier I've ever heard. That doesn't mean it sounds sterile or lacking in complexity. No, what you get is music--straight, with no chaser, as Thelonious Monk would say...”

“The MEGAschino is the embodiment of the longstanding audiophile ideal of a straight wire with gain.”

“If you need a powerful, carefully engineered power amplifier that does not try to voice or alter the sound in any way, you need to give the MEGAschino a serious listen.”

The full review:
https://hometheaterreview.com/digital-amplifier-company-megaschino-power-amplifier-reviewed/

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #87 on: 28 Jan 2019, 09:03 pm »
Introducing the MEGAschino MK2!
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=162057.0

There's an opportunity hidden within (: