IDA-8 ($995) features and spec

dekiller

Re: IDA-8 ($995) features and spec
« Reply #520 on: 24 May 2018, 03:07 am »
Actually , I buy ida 8 for my friend's Duevel Planets, which will be placed in bedroom. I hook it with my Ologe Ten loudspeakers at living room now for breaking-in. After careful adjustment on placement , tone are fine now. Besides,  display is hard to read.

onurb

« Reply #521 on: 24 May 2018, 07:12 am »
I use IDA 8 with Sonus Faber Minima FM2 speakers and sound great. The medium and high range are very beautiful, clean, refined and detailed, with timbrica, in my opinion, neutral warming. Perhaps your problems are in the environmental arrangement?

Onurb

dekiller

« Reply #522 on: 24 May 2018, 04:11 pm »
Although its OK, mids and highs SQ are far from good.

John Casler

« Reply #523 on: 24 May 2018, 04:30 pm »
Although its OK, mids and highs SQ are far from good.

Are you using "active" or "passive"?

onurb

« Reply #524 on: 27 May 2018, 10:29 pm »
How much current does it give, in amperes, over 8 ohms, IDA8?

Thanks,
Onurb

onurb

« Reply #525 on: 28 May 2018, 12:29 pm »
Nobody can answer me, not even Jason?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #526 on: 28 May 2018, 02:57 pm »
Bruno,

You may not be in the US and are unaware this weekend is the Memorial Day weekend. Jason resides in Singapore, so his waking hours are considerably different from mine (west coast US). It's okay to wait a couple days for a response - especially with a non-emergency question. [Just my opinion. Just trying to help.]

Regards,

Michael

onurb

« Reply #527 on: 28 May 2018, 05:01 pm »
Thanks, I'm sorry, I did not want to hurry anyone.

Greetings,
Onurb

rustydoglim

« Reply #528 on: 29 May 2018, 07:35 pm »
For this kind of technical question, please send email to support@nuprimeaudio.com.
My product manager, Jye reads and posts here but he doesn't check the forum every day, perhaps every few days.

onurb

« Reply #529 on: 29 May 2018, 08:12 pm »
okay thanks

_Violator_

« Reply #530 on: 27 Jul 2018, 08:31 pm »
Hello. There are a couple of questions that are not our answer:
100Wx2@8Ohm (180Wx2@4 Ohm)
and on the site and in the user's manual there is 100 watts at 8 ohms and 100 watts at 4 ohms. What is the correct value?
What is the power in standby mode?
I am a happy owner NuPrime IDA-8 and NuPrime CDP-9. With these devices, my speakers (heco victa prime 702) played in a new way.
Believe me, it was very difficult to get these things in my country (Ukraine).

rustydoglim

« Reply #531 on: 28 Jul 2018, 05:56 pm »
The website should be the most up to date spec. Sometimes I posted incorrect spect before a product is released, so when in doubt, refer to the website.

shektau6

« Reply #532 on: 8 Aug 2018, 03:02 pm »
I just picked up a used IDA-8 just by reading reviews on the nets and reading all 20 something pages here in this forum.  The reason for picking the IDA-8 is largely based the compact size and I am also very intrigued by class D amps.  I am downsizing from floor standing speakers (Neat Elite SX pairing with the Naim XS-2 int-amp which works brilliantly for me).  Source remain the same using Oppo BDP-105d and CAS using Mac mini.  I was originally put off by the fact the analog input for the IDA-8 will do the A-D-A conversion but I have decided to rip all my SACDs to DSF files so I won't have to deal with that option.  The Oppo will now primary used for video and for ripping SACDs only. Wish newer Nuprime amp will take HDMI input to accept DSD native but i guess the chance is small as most people nowaday will play DSF files only.  I am still learning how to use Audivana plus but I am currently upsampling everything to DSD128 as a start. Would love to hear other advices or pointer to  forums/sites for the settings recommendation.  It's strange I am going backward with DAC chip starting with my DAP using ES9028Pro and Sabre 9018 on the Oppo now to the even older version on the IDA-8 (9010 K2M!) but I can't have the cake and eat it I guess.  My current speakers are a pair of Neat IOTA which sensitivities are only 84db running 6ohms. These are probably the smallest speakers that sound decent not using a stand (even LS50 are too big for me, TAD 2201 even bigger or the S-A4SPT-PM which I can't find a place for demo). I just hook up the systems about 1 hour ago and comparing the Neat IOTA pairing with the Naim xs-2 they do sound very different. I can't tell which one I like more but now that I have sold the Naim I am not going to think too much about it and just enjoy the IDA-8.

mresseguie

« Reply #533 on: 8 Aug 2018, 07:42 pm »
I just picked up a used IDA-8 just by reading reviews on the nets and reading all 20 something pages here in this forum.  The reason for picking the IDA-8 is largely based the compact size and I am also very intrigued by class D amps.  I am downsizing from floor standing speakers (Neat Elite SX pairing with the Naim XS-2 int-amp which works brilliantly for me).  Source remain the same using Oppo BDP-105d and CAS using Mac mini.  I was originally put off by the fact the analog input for the IDA-8 will do the A-D-A conversion but I have decided to rip all my SACDs to DSF files so I won't have to deal with that option.  The Oppo will now primary used for video and for ripping SACDs only. Wish newer Nuprime amp will take HDMI input to accept DSD native but i guess the chance is small as most people nowaday will play DSF files only.  I am still learning how to use Audivana plus but I am currently upsampling everything to DSD128 as a start. Would love to hear other advices or pointer to  forums/sites for the settings recommendation.  It's strange I am going backward with DAC chip starting with my DAP using ES9028Pro and Sabre 9018 on the Oppo now to the even older version on the IDA-8 (9010 K2M!) but I can't have the cake and eat it I guess.  My current speakers are a pair of Neat IOTA which sensitivities are only 84db running 6ohms. These are probably the smallest speakers that sound decent not using a stand (even LS50 are too big for me, TAD 2201 even bigger or the S-A4SPT-PM which I can't find a place for demo). I just hook up the systems about 1 hour ago and comparing the Neat IOTA pairing with the Naim xs-2 they do sound very different. I can't tell which one I like more but now that I have sold the Naim I am not going to think too much about it and just enjoy the IDA-8.

Hello, shektau6.

I'm curious to learn your experience/impressions of the IDA-8 powering those speakers. What size room will you use? Near-field?

I used my IDA-8 to power my Fritz LS/5-R (83.5dB, 4 Ohm) two-ways for a couple(?) years before upgrading to the Nuprime ST-10. The IDA-8 was not quite powerful enough to get my speakers to sing in my living room. However, it was fine in my tiny home office.

I still own my IDA-8 because it's a great little amp. I take it traveling; use it in my office; connect it to my TV, and use it for outdoor parties in my backyard. Oh, and I've loaned it to friends while I was traveling overseas. At least one friend now owns one himself.

Attention Jason:

The IDA-8 rocks! :thumb:

Regards,

Michael

shektau6

« Reply #534 on: 9 Aug 2018, 02:00 am »
Hi Michael, it's not nearfield but in a studio like apartment, the listening area is about 120-150 sq ft. The sound from these tiny speakers are no match for my previous floor standing ones but I don't have much choice as space is a premium from where I live.  I have not cranked up the volume yet to test the amp and will try this weekend!

joe69

« Reply #535 on: 6 Sep 2018, 05:04 am »
Hi everyone,
I am new to the music world. I have just bought an IDA8 from a dealer in  Hongkong but have not set it up yet. At the moment  I have my HT setup with Onkyo RZ900 7.2 channels with 5.1 Polk Ti series speakers setup. All my music is in the PC next to the AVR. Music files are  FLAC and and few DSD files, varies from 64 to 256. I have a few questions in regarding to the setup and upgrade.
1) Should I connect IDA8 to preamp output from RZ900 using the analog in from HT and 2 front speakers hook to analog out from the IDA8 so that i can use the speakers for HT.
2) Should I connect the IDA8 to PC using the usb-3 or usb 2 from the PC (running window 10 with Jriver and Foobar 2000)
3) Should I connect the sub to the sub out of IDA8?
3) I listen to music 90% and watch 10% movies. I listen to female vocals jazz, flamenco guitars, acoustic guitar  and classical music. I intend to upgrade my collection to DSD 256 max as i can now buying them online. What is the good main pair of floor standing speakers should buy so that i can enjoy my type of music. My budget is under $3000 USD
Thanks everyone for your time and recommendation.
Joe from Down Under

JAC_ZAR

« Reply #536 on: 7 Sep 2018, 05:12 pm »
Hi,

I have IDE-8, and it is an excellent amp.
I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to enable IDA-8 to wake up from standby mode when triggered by active source input ?
2. Is there a way to enable auto standby feature ? e.g. automatically go to standby mode if there is no user interface interaction and no active source input within e.g. 30 minutes.

My NAD amp has it :)

eshiku

« Reply #537 on: 18 Sep 2018, 04:18 am »
Hello All! New here and already asking for help  :green:

Looking to purchase an IDA-8 to replace my Arcam irDac/A19 setup for my KEF LS50. I will be using it as a desktop setup connected to a Mac, I have had issues before where certain DACs would disable the volume control option within Mac. I usually use the media keys on my keyboard for adjusting volumes/mute. Anyone knows if the IDA-8 will work with the Mac OSX's built-in volume control, and enables me to use my media keys for volume/mute adjustment?

mresseguie

« Reply #538 on: 18 Sep 2018, 04:35 pm »
Hello All! New here and already asking for help  :green:

Looking to purchase an IDA-8 to replace my Arcam irDac/A19 setup for my KEF LS50. I will be using it as a desktop setup connected to a Mac, I have had issues before where certain DACs would disable the volume control option within Mac. I usually use the media keys on my keyboard for adjusting volumes/mute. Anyone knows if the IDA-8 will work with the Mac OSX's built-in volume control, and enables me to use my media keys for volume/mute adjustment?

Hello, eshiku.

I've got an IDA-8 and a Mac Mini. I'll put them together today to see what happens.

Michael

eshiku

« Reply #539 on: 18 Sep 2018, 09:05 pm »
Hello, eshiku.

I've got an IDA-8 and a Mac Mini. I'll put them together today to see what happens.

Michael

awesome! This is super helpful. Thank you so much, Michael :)