Blue Tack

Lightning03

Blue Tack
« on: 5 Oct 2014, 06:51 pm »
I just wanted to caution any of you who use Blue Tack to hold your surrounds on your stands. I use 3 one inch strips in a triangle pattern and when I removed one of the speakers from the stand one of the strips pulled the vener off with it. I'm not sure why this happened, I have removed the speakers once before during my last move without incident.

Jim,

Coenceadently enough I'm moving to Denver on Monday and was planning on attending RMAF. Can I give you the speaker to take back with you for repair?

Scott

jsalk

Re: Blue Tack
« Reply #1 on: 5 Oct 2014, 07:16 pm »
I just wanted to caution any of you who use Blue Tack to hold your surrounds on your stands. I use 3 one inch strips in a triangle pattern and when I removed one of the speakers from the stand one of the strips pulled the vener off with it. I'm not sure why this happened, I have removed the speakers once before during my last move without incident.

Jim,

Coenceadently enough I'm moving to Denver on Monday and was planning on attending RMAF. Can I give you the speaker to take back with you for repair?

Scott

This is kind of a tough repair, but sure you can.

- Jim

Meicheng

« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2014, 07:24 pm »
when I remove speakers from stands than have blue tack on the bottom, I work a long piece of dental floss between the speakers and the stands to try and loosen-up the blue tack. 

persisting1

« Reply #3 on: 5 Oct 2014, 07:37 pm »
when I remove speakers from stands than have blue tack on the bottom, I work a long piece of dental floss between the speakers and the stands to try and loosen-up the blue tack.

That is some good advice. Thanks  :thumb: