Philly area audition?

Aszatk01

Philly area audition?
« on: 25 May 2010, 04:24 pm »
Hello all...looked around on the audition location list and didn't see anyone in the greater Philadelphia area. I'm very interested in doing an audition of songtowers or ht2's. Anyone around??
Thanks!

ccotenj

Re: Philly area audition?
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2010, 06:11 pm »
give me a month or so and you can come listen to my ht2-tl's...  i'm right across the river...   :)

Aszatk01

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2010, 09:38 pm »
Thanks...hopefully there is someone else who has em now!

Alexdad54

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2010, 12:05 am »
HI,
You're welcome to come and hear my ST's as I live on the Main Line near Philly city limits. I got these beauties last last fall and have been assembling my system since then around them. PM me for more details re my system but at the moment I can only play music via my laptop and Havana DAC (the whole sorry saga is on the newbie circle).
Still looking for a good CD player to match with the SongTowers but maybe that's a subject for another thread..... :green:.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2010, 01:43 am »
Down in So. Chester County, work in Malvern. I'd love to hear your Song Towers if you have a GTG.

Sorry to read your saga with the Apollo, I just got mine and love it, but don't have CD-Rs.

maxwalrath

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2010, 02:28 am »
Let me know if you have an actual open house listening session, I'd love to hear them too.  I can bring a Modwright cdp to give a spin, and other gear if you're curious to audition it (Juicy Peach, Response modded Jolida 502 integrated and power amps)

Alexdad54

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jun 2010, 04:01 pm »
If there's no rush, the latter half of this month would work for me. Perhaps I could also get some help in speaker positioning? I have been meaning to do the Master Set but haven't yet found the time and while I wouldn't waste anyone's time doing this during an open house audition any tips on basic positioning while we're listening gratefully accepted.

Further info re the system;; I hope to have already gone to a local Rega dealer to audition the Apollo and Saturn with some of my CD-R's so I may just have a new player by the audition....
I also have brand new Grover SC's and IC's as well (latest iteration) but I will try and get them broken in before then.  I'm currently using an Assemblage ST-40 tube amp (measured at 70wpc) as my starter amp but am always very open to hearing new options!

Aszatk01

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jun 2010, 02:11 pm »
Woops so much time had past I forgot about the thread I started! I'd love to take you up on the offer. I work in bryn mawr so I'm sure I'm right around the corner

jjgasp

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2010, 12:39 pm »
Aszatk01, I'm in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia.  I have a surround set-up with the HT3s, HTC, and HT1s. 

Alexdad54

« Reply #9 on: 22 Jul 2010, 03:05 pm »
I forgot about the time as well! I now have the new Apollo as well as a new amp, a Butler 2250, in the system so PM me if you'd like to have a listen to my Song Towers.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #10 on: 22 Jul 2010, 03:07 pm »
Does the new Apollo play CD-Rs?

And if it does, what's been changed with the Apollo to enable it?

Gene

Alexdad54

« Reply #11 on: 22 Jul 2010, 03:31 pm »
I sure hope it does!  :lol:
Seriously though, following my sorry saga with a used Apollo that wouldn't play CD-R's (turns out it was a transport and ribbon issue), I recently went to Community Audio here in Philly and tried out a fairly wide selection of Verbatim CD-R's that I had previously burned at 4X and 8X speeds and they all worked flawlessly in the store's demo Apollo CDP. On that basis I went ahead and ordered a new Apollo but have had to wait as it was back-ordered from England. It just came in this week and I haven't had time yet to try it out but if it doesn't play the same CD-R discs it's definitely going back!

nyc_paramedic

« Reply #12 on: 23 Jul 2010, 03:46 am »
Thanks...hopefully there is someone else who has em now!

I have HT-2 TL's in NYC. You're about 3 to 3.5 hours away. Let me know...

vkohl

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: 27 Dec 2013, 08:01 am »
Aszatk01, I'm in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia.  I have a surround set-up with the HT3s, HTC, and HT1s.
......hello...still have the Salk's???

baxtr

« Reply #14 on: 29 Dec 2013, 03:04 pm »
I'm in Wilmington, Delaware I have the ht2-tl and the ss8.

Dan

vkohl

• Restricted
« Reply #15 on: 1 Jan 2014, 08:44 pm »
love to hear some salks! --- southeast pa here.

SeaNile

« Reply #16 on: 9 Jul 2014, 04:15 am »
I'm in Chadds Ford and would love to hear these speakers, especially the SS8.