JBL Black Friday Insanity

witchdoctor

JBL Black Friday Insanity
« on: 28 Nov 2019, 05:37 pm »
The Harman website has the JBL 530's at $299 a pair, the 590's at $900 a pair, the 520C at $139 and the 550P subwoofer for $189. These speakers were designed by legend Greg Timbers who no longer works for JBL.

https://www.harmanaudio.com/black-friday/?utm_source=marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ha-black-friday-starts-now-sale-nov272019&j=139775&sfmc_sub=32504056&l=290_HTML&u=2886359&mid=100009044&jb=43

Sparky14

Re: JBL Black Friday Insanity
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2019, 06:28 pm »
Thanks! Been looking for some nice bookshelf speakers since selling mine off a few months ago. Also, some nice headphone stocking stuffers there as well.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2019, 07:54 am »
Has anyone actually been able to purchase anything on their site? I've tried repeatedly to add things to cart and...nothing. Is there a magic word or handshake or something?

srb

« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2019, 08:17 am »
I'm able to add items to the cart, but haven't tried to checkout with anything.

Usually it has to do with cookies, so make sure you are accepting cookies, and if so, try clearing your cookies or try with a different browser.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2019, 08:54 am »
I'm able to add items to the cart, but haven't tried to checkout with anything.

Usually it has to do with cookies, so make sure you are accepting cookies, and if so, try clearing your cookies or try with a different browser.

Cleared cookies, allowed them specifically for Harmon in device manager, no joy. Tried Safari from iPad, can't reach server. I'm almost out of patience...

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2019, 03:20 pm »
PeterJ,

You've got a PM.

Sparky14

« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2019, 03:33 pm »
Has anyone actually been able to purchase anything on their site? I've tried repeatedly to add things to cart and...nothing. Is there a magic word or handshake or something?

I had no problems last night, unfortunately for my bank account.

witchdoctor

« Reply #7 on: 29 Nov 2019, 03:42 pm »
I had no problems last night, unfortunately for my bank account.

I got the Live 650 headphones for $100, what did you get?

witchdoctor

« Reply #8 on: 29 Nov 2019, 03:43 pm »
Cleared cookies, allowed them specifically for Harmon in device manager, no joy. Tried Safari from iPad, can't reach server. I'm almost out of patience...

Some of these specials are also listed on amazon, try that if you are still having trouble

Sparky14

« Reply #9 on: 29 Nov 2019, 03:47 pm »
I got the Live 650 headphones for $100, what did you get?

Studio 530s for me, 2 pairs of E35 headphones for me and my wife, 3 pairs of T280A in-ears for my daughters. I had been pretty disappointed in the Black Friday sales, this one got me.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #10 on: 29 Nov 2019, 03:51 pm »
Got the job done via iPad. A lot of work for 2 pair of the cheapo headphones. 1st time experiencing that problem using PC...weird.

witchdoctor

« Reply #11 on: 29 Nov 2019, 05:00 pm »
Studio 530s for me, 2 pairs of E35 headphones for me and my wife, 3 pairs of T280A in-ears for my daughters. I had been pretty disappointed in the Black Friday sales, this one got me.

Smart, I scored the 230's on a Black Friday sale about 4 years ago for 50% off and eventually built a second system for the man cave with Studio 2 series.

Were you tempted to get the matching sub for the 530's? I think getting some more headphones as gifts is a great idea!

Sparky14

« Reply #12 on: 29 Nov 2019, 05:06 pm »
Smart, I scored the 230's on a Black Friday sale about 4 years ago for 50% off and eventually built a second system for the man cave with Studio 2 series.

Were you tempted to get the matching sub for the 530's? I think getting some more headphones as gifts is a great idea!

No, I have a DefTech sub that serves me well. Timing was nice as I had sold off my Wharfedale speakers a couple of months ago and was looking to try something different.

I do wish that website was better though, as you scroll down, more deals pop-up. And it goes on a long way. I missed a lot of things yesterday, but luckily I didn't see anything else this morning that jumped at me.

Sparky14

« Reply #13 on: 4 Dec 2019, 07:24 pm »
OK, so I ordered 3 pairs of IEMs, 2 pairs of headphones, and a pair of Studio 530 speakers.

The Harman receipt shows one tracking number for all items.
The UPS tracking page shows one box, 4 lbs......uh oh.

Small box arrives last night. Contains 3 pairs of IEMs & 2 pairs of headphones.

I chat with Harman customer service this morning.
You forgot to send my speakers.
Sir, our paperwork shows they were all shipped together.
The UPS site shows the shipment was 1 box, 4 lbs. The speakers weight around 35 lbs. They could not have been in that box.
Our system shows they were shipped.
OK, provide me a tracking number for a box of around 35 lbs.
It's the same tracking number.
You can't send 35 lb speakers in a 4 lb box. Either send me speakers or give me a refund.
We will file a claim with UPS to locate the box. We can't send out more speakers or give you a refund until that claim is processed.

This went on for an hour in chat while she searched and called people. Finally I said give me the phone number of your supervisor.
Supervisor #1 was almost an identical conversation lasting 30 minutes, with her finally offer also being "you have to wait for the UPS claim". I said h*** no, let me speak to your supervisor.
Supervisor #2 spent 30 minutes going down the exact same path. Finally, she came back from a search mission and said, it looks like we never shipped the speakers. I can send them out today, or give you a refund.

Refund it is. I wanted the speakers, but no way do I give this company my business. They all think a 0.5 cu.ft. box weighing 4 lbs can hold 35 lbs of speakers.

witchdoctor

« Reply #14 on: 4 Dec 2019, 09:25 pm »
Got my 650 Live headphones, very very nice :)

cujobob

« Reply #15 on: 4 Dec 2019, 09:29 pm »
I had some issues with JBL customer service, as well. Their products are amazing, but they're not really well built to handle customer service and technical issues. Still, the speakers are so good, I'd have still gone with them. A sloppy customer service doesn't take away from how terrific their products are.

Sparky14

« Reply #16 on: 4 Dec 2019, 09:38 pm »
I had some issues with JBL customer service, as well. Their products are amazing, but they're not really well built to handle customer service and technical issues. Still, the speakers are so good, I'd have still gone with them. A sloppy customer service doesn't take away from how terrific their products are.

I hear ya. I thought hard when she made the offer to send another pair or refund. But after 2.5 hours dealing with them, I just didn't trust them to follow through.

witchdoctor

« Reply #17 on: 5 Dec 2019, 02:59 am »

I walked around with the 650BT Live headphones connected to my Onkyo DPX1 DAP today and am very happy with purchase. I use JBL Studio 2 series in the HT in the man cave, You recognize that same signature in these headphones. It is just balanced from top to bottom and grooves. :thumb:

Sparky14

« Reply #18 on: 5 Dec 2019, 03:32 am »
Pretty good deals on Elac speakers this week. Maybe they will send me speakers.