Reference BNC cable photos

audioengr

Reference BNC cable photos
« on: 14 Jan 2018, 02:06 am »
This baby is sweet sounding and really detailed. This is the one to beat IMO:

These are 18GHz BNC connectors (with RCA adapters included).  The cable is silver and silver plated copper with expanded Teflon (like Goretex) dielectric.  4 foot length standard.  Aerospace quality.

$499 plus $8 shipping and PayPal fee if you order it separately.  Please email me for just a cable.

Steve N.

jgb0194

Re: Reference BNC cable photos
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2018, 05:34 am »
Received this cable earlier today and it is worth the cost. Detailed, yet very natural sounding. Takes a modest system (Bluesound Node2 >> Hegel H160) substantially closer to the higher end.

Janikian

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2018, 01:11 pm »
I am on day three of the new Reference cable and I am quite pleased. It has excellent depth and an organic quality. For me, a basic test for a digital cable is if I want to change tracks or finish listening to current track while testing. Well, I am finishing all my test tracks because this cable is so impressive. It's a bargain at the asking price and really lets my Syncro-Mesh shine! This is a no-regret buy for sure. Thanks Steve for bringing us such great products!

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2018, 02:03 pm »
Why would you get a cable with BNC connectors and then add RCA connectors?

maxima95

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2018, 05:28 pm »

I was wondering the same thing. 

I was also wondering whether the user observations resulted from use of the BNC ends only or with the RCA adapters?

audioengr

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2018, 05:58 pm »

I have been building cables since 1996.  What I discovered is that it is more important to properly terminate the coax to the connector than what type of connector it is, RCA or BNC.  RCA connectors are not designed to be terminated to every type of coax with minimal impedance discontinuity.  BNCs are.

If the optimum BNC for the particular cable is selected, the cable can be terminated with minimal impedance discontinuity.  There is not just one type of 75 ohm BNC connector.  There are hundreds of them, depending on the cable.

The BNC-RCA adapter creates a minimal impedance discontinuity compared to terminating the coax directly to a RCA connector.  Most customers end-up using an RCA adapter on at least one end.

Steve N.