Salk Sound Newsletter subscription link

taoggniklat

Re: Salk Sound Newsletter subscription link
« Reply #20 on: 4 Feb 2010, 07:28 pm »
I must say, I love the newsletter, Salk team!  I am reading it now - good stuff here. 

Did you get it through email? I checked my email and didn't see it.

ctouhey

« Reply #21 on: 4 Feb 2010, 07:31 pm »
I enjoyed reading the articles - very interesting.  Got e-mails at the office and at home.

The Song Bird will likely be a huge success!

Chris

jsalk

« Reply #22 on: 4 Feb 2010, 07:54 pm »
Did you get it through email? I checked my email and didn't see it.

Only so many go out per hour.  If you do not get your copy by tomorrow, let me know and I'll email you separately.

- Jim

bigjppop

« Reply #23 on: 4 Feb 2010, 09:53 pm »
I enjoyed reading it as well; its always great to see new products!

jd3

« Reply #24 on: 4 Feb 2010, 10:14 pm »
Nice newsletter Jim!  So the SongBird is the floorstander you were telling me about.  Hmmm...now I have to see if those will fit in my room!!  I'm sure you've got another big selling speaker!

John

rlee8394

« Reply #25 on: 4 Feb 2010, 10:16 pm »
Haven't gotten mine yet either. Is this SongBird not on the website?

Ron

martyo

« Reply #26 on: 4 Feb 2010, 10:36 pm »
Very nice Jim. New products, updates, and some very informative articles.  :thumb:

kip_

« Reply #27 on: 4 Feb 2010, 10:51 pm »
Haven't gotten mine yet either. Is this SongBird not on the website?

Ron

haven't received mine yet either.

jsalk

« Reply #28 on: 4 Feb 2010, 11:58 pm »
Thanks for the kind comments.

Newsletter emails are going out over a 2-day period so as not to overwhelm the servers.  So if you did not get your copy yet, please wait until tomorrow before assuming yours was lost.

If you do not get your copy tomorrow, register again at the link above and I will resend it.  Also, check to make sure your copy wasn't filtered as spam (nothing we can do about that).

As for questions about the SongBirds, they are on our web site but not linked yet.  I wanted to give newsletter recipients an advanced look at this new product.  We'll link it to the menu system on Sunday.

- Jim

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #29 on: 5 Feb 2010, 12:17 am »
Jim:

Great job, as with everything.  Very interesting articles.

The SongBird looks like a great speaker.  A full range, easily-driven, floor standing, transmission-line speaker with top-notch design, components and construction and the Salk Signature Sound for 1295.00?  Wow, something for everyone and for everyone's budget.

Art_Chicago

« Reply #30 on: 5 Feb 2010, 01:28 am »
nothing in my inbox. i will try agAin!

rlee8394

« Reply #31 on: 5 Feb 2010, 02:39 am »
Jim,

Those new SongBirds look real nice. If the ER15 measures flatter than the CA15 that is used in the SongTowers, would there be any benefit in retrofitting the ST's with the ER15? Will future SongTower production now use the ER15, or possibly as an option?

The custom Bubinga looks awesome! They also look like they will play as low as the ST's since there is only 1 Hz difference on the low end frequency response. They are less efficient that the ST's, but being 8 ohms, I think they would work really well with my AVA Ultimate 70's bridged. Do you think that would be a good application for the speaker? I think you heard Franks UltraValve amps in bridged configuration at RMAF.

Thanks,
Ron

charmerci

« Reply #32 on: 5 Feb 2010, 09:33 am »
Haven't gotten mine yet either.
Ron

Check your spam folder. I found mine in my yahoo spam folder.

I marked mine as Not Spam, so I should be fine from now on.

jsalk

« Reply #33 on: 5 Feb 2010, 01:35 pm »
Jim,

Those new SongBirds look real nice. If the ER15 measures flatter than the CA15 that is used in the SongTowers, would there be any benefit in retrofitting the ST's with the ER15? Will future SongTower production now use the ER15, or possibly as an option?

This is currently under consideration.  In terms of retrofits, that would not be advisable since the crossovers would be different and I don't think the benefits would be worth the costs involved.  The audible differences would likely not be that great.  But we may make the switch at some point and adjust the prices of the speakers accordingly.

The custom Bubinga looks awesome! They also look like they will play as low as the ST's since there is only 1 Hz difference on the low end frequency response. They are less efficient that the ST's, but being 8 ohms, I think they would work really well with my AVA Ultimate 70's bridged. Do you think that would be a good application for the speaker? I think you heard Franks UltraValve amps in bridged configuration at RMAF.

I think the combination would be great.  The only caveat I would offer is that if you like your music  loud, the SongTowers would be a better fit.  You can only move so much air with a single 5" driver.  But at reasonable volumes, that combo would be hard to beat.

- Jim

mathgeek97

« Reply #34 on: 5 Feb 2010, 06:47 pm »
Jim,

The newsletter looks great!  And perfect timing, too, since a friend of mine who moved to Hong Kong is looking for speakers <$2K.  So I told him about the new SongBirds.  They look like a spectacular bargain.

charmerci

« Reply #35 on: 6 Feb 2010, 09:25 am »
Check your spam folder. I found mine in my yahoo spam folder.

I marked mine as Not Spam, so I should be fine from now on.

Jim re-sent it to me and it no longer goes to my spam folder.

Nuance

« Reply #36 on: 22 Mar 2010, 05:09 am »
I just read the second revision of the Salk Newletter and really enjoyed the article about the passive radiator design of the SoundScape (formerly named the HT4).  The two speakers combined can reach 116dB at 20Hz without room gain!!!???  Are you kidding me?!  Find me another speaker at this price range that can do that. 

taoggniklat

« Reply #37 on: 22 Mar 2010, 07:08 pm »
Thanks again, enjoyed the read.

Woolz

« Reply #38 on: 22 Mar 2010, 08:02 pm »
I, too, enjoyed the article.  Thanks.  So, will the 10" Soundscape be tuned the same way with the same 12" passive radiators?  The difference from the 12" one of efficiency?  Also, does the additional surface area with the radiators add to the naturalness of the bass?

jsalk

« Reply #39 on: 23 Mar 2010, 01:15 pm »
I, too, enjoyed the article.  Thanks.  So, will the 10" Soundscape be tuned the same way with the same 12" passive radiators? 

They will use the same 12" passives, but they will be tuned to to an F3 of 21Hz rather than 18Hz for the 12" woofer.  This simply requires less mass added to the passives.

The difference from the 12" one of efficiency? 

The differences are the F3 (18Hz vs. 21Hz) and efficiency.  The 10" is about 84-85db and the 12" is about 86-87db.

Also, does the additional surface area with the radiators add to the naturalness of the bass?

The surface area simply isures that the passives will not bottom out when there is a lot of deep bass in the program material at high SPL's. Keep in mind that the 10" is only tuned about 3Hz higher, so the output of the passives will be almost the same as with the 12".

- Jim