New DHT Line Stage

jriggy

Re: New DHT Line Stage
« Reply #100 on: 31 May 2016, 04:11 pm »
My wait is going to have to be a little longer than thought... Even though I order right a way, I have a few things going on in June, So I have arranged to have Vinnie ship mine the last week of June. Ugh! :duh:  oh well.
I just hope you guys give early reports to tide some of us over!

Kishore

« Reply #101 on: 31 May 2016, 04:58 pm »
Too bad I cannot grab the May's discount on DHT, but given the waiting list I might have enough time to save some more by the time the delivery turnaround gets under 3 weeks.  :)

You have until Jun 1 11.59pm EST  :lol:

Ok I bit the bullet  :o  :oops: - and Vinne, July timing works ok for me since I have to move out soon.

Regards,
Kishore

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #102 on: 31 May 2016, 05:00 pm »
My wait is going to have to be a little longer than thought... Even though I order right a way, I have a few things going on in June, So I have arranged to have Vinnie ship mine the last week of June. Ugh! :duh:  oh well.
I just hope you guys give early reports to tide some of us over!
I'm calling dibs on yours.   :lol:

Vinnie R.

« Reply #103 on: 31 May 2016, 05:48 pm »
All,

Ok, I received another 5 orders in the last 24 hours  :o :o :o 
I'm flooded and can't wait until this evening to turn off the pre-order page.  :wink:

I am ordering more parts today and when I return next week.  I really didn't anticipate nearly this
many orders (especially from LIO customers trading-in AVC/Tubestage and RVC + Tubestage).  Next
time I can't make the deal quite this good I guess!  :green:  :banghead:   But I'm glad I did, and
all I ask for is your patience while we build away.  It will be well worth the wait!

Today I am packing for Newport and leaving early tomorrow AM.  It's going to be a great show!

Thanks again, everyone!

Vinnie

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #104 on: 31 May 2016, 05:49 pm »
All,

I'm flooded and can't wait until this evening to turn off the pre-order page.  :wink:

I am ordering more parts today and when I return next week.  I really didn't anticipate nearly this
many orders (especially from LIO customers trading-in AVC/Tubestage and RVC + Tubestage).  Next
time I can't make the deal quite this good I guess!  :green:  :banghead:   But I'm glad I did, and
all I ask for is your patience while we build away.  It will be well worth the wait!

Today I am packing for Newport and leaving early tomorrow AM.  It's going to be a great show!

Thanks again, everyone!

Vinnie
Great news Vinnie!   :thumb:  My only regret of the LIO is not doing it sooner before the price increase.  Glad I got the DHT at the intro price though.  I encourage others to do so too.  I just don't see how anyone can be disappointed and if they don't like the DHT, no problem, trade it back for something else.  It really is that simple! 

Just make sure you have time for R&D.  We like more LIO goodies.   :green:

Safe travels and be sure to update us when there.   8)

rlabarre

« Reply #105 on: 31 May 2016, 06:51 pm »

Just a quick question, Vinnie. Your order page for the DHT-LIO is less clear about when the $4995 price ends. The $5995 option describes it as "price after June 1st, 2016"; then right below it it says that $4995 is the "pre-order price until June 1st, 2016". What is the price for tomorrow, June 1?

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #106 on: 31 May 2016, 07:02 pm »
Just a quick question, Vinnie. Your order page for the DHT-LIO is less clear about when the $4995 price ends. The $5995 option describes it as "price after June 1st, 2016"; then right below it it says that $4995 is the "pre-order price until June 1st, 2016". What is the price for tomorrow, June 1?
Price until June 1st is $4995.  June 1st (mid night tonight) it goes to $5995 is how I interpret that. 

Get those orders in....operators standing by.   :lol:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #107 on: 31 May 2016, 07:50 pm »
I thought the website pushed the preamp to $8000 with the DHT option?

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #108 on: 31 May 2016, 07:51 pm »
I thought the website pushed the preamp to $8000 with the DHT option?
It all depends on what modules you get.  The cost of the DHT is $4995/$5995 then add your other modules if you want. 

Maritan

« Reply #109 on: 31 May 2016, 07:56 pm »
So, do I understand correctly that $5k will get a preamp using the DHT module?

Frankly, I'm a little confused with all the options available.

BobRex

« Reply #110 on: 31 May 2016, 07:58 pm »
No, 5K will get you the DHT option.  You still need to order the base unit (case, power supply, remote,...) as well as any other modules you might want.

mirekti

« Reply #111 on: 31 May 2016, 08:00 pm »
Today is May 31st.   :green:

George

:) I know, but my idea was to use it as a single box: DHT, line inputs, DAC, MOSFET AMP and Phono stage. ...it sets around $10.5k
I am getting close towards this, but not there yet.

Anyhow, glad to see the things are moving and eventually I will hop in. The $10.5 or $11.5k will be pretty much the same when I tell it to my wife  :lol:

Vinnie R.

« Reply #112 on: 1 Jun 2016, 12:43 am »
Price until June 1st is $4995.  June 1st (mid night tonight) it goes to $5995 is how I interpret that. 

This is correct, and this is just for the LIO DHT PRE (module, external power supply, new top cover, tube
covers, Nude RVC module).  It does NOT include the LIO base unit or other modules.

So, do I understand correctly that $5k will get a preamp using the DHT module?

Frankly, I'm a little confused with all the options available.

Hi Maritan,

Sorry for the confusion - we're working on a big update to our website and it should be ready in a few weeks. 
It will *hopefully* make it much easier to understand the LIO options.

Just make sure you have time for R&D.  We like more LIO goodies.   :green:

Safe travels and be sure to update us when there.   8)

Hi jtwrace,

More LIO goodies are always in the works, and I'll post updates from the show when I can!

Thanks again,

Vinnie

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #113 on: 1 Jun 2016, 01:59 am »
All,

Thanks again, everyone!

Vinnie

Too funny! Glad business is booming for you and glad that I'm on the preorder bandwagon for this one.  I'm also glad that I'm in absolutely no hurry as I've got almost as much to do in the next few months as you do! :). Thanks as always for your stellar customer service.

Maritan

« Reply #114 on: 1 Jun 2016, 03:07 am »
No, 5K will get you the DHT option.  You still need to order the base unit (case, power supply, remote,...) as well as any other modules you might want.

Hi Maritan,

Sorry for the confusion - we're working on a big update to our website and it should be ready in a few weeks. 
It will *hopefully* make it much easier to understand the LIO options.

Thanks both for the clarification. It looks like the LIO is not in my near future. Can't swing >$7k at this time. Looks very interesting though. Will definitely keep an eye on further developments.

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #115 on: 2 Jun 2016, 12:37 am »
Thanks both for the clarification. It looks like the LIO is not in my near future. Can't swing >$7k at this time. Looks very interesting though. Will definitely keep an eye on further developments.

You could do what I do and start with rvc, DAC, and amp and it was very reasonably priced.  I'm now in the process of upgrading a year later while I saved up and will get credit for my old units I turn in.  Best of both worlds! :)

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #116 on: 2 Jun 2016, 01:44 am »
You could do what I do and start with rvc, DAC, and amp and it was very reasonably priced.  I'm now in the process of upgrading a year later while I saved up and will get credit for my old units I turn in.  Best of both worlds! :)
That's right.  Buy today and trade in for the same exact cost that you paid.  Doesn't get any better than that!   :thumb:

yardbird4

« Reply #117 on: 7 Jun 2016, 03:37 pm »
All,

I forgot to mention:

Once I get the DHT PRE pre-orders shipped out, I plan to have a couple different pair of tubes available to ship to
AC members in the USA to try, post their findings, and ship out to the next person interested in trying.  These
particular sets would not be for sale - but something fun for LIO DHT PRE owners to try and see if they like, and
if yes, they can order for themselves online. 

It's easy and fun trying DHTs with LIO DHT PRE's convertible design.  :guitar: :singing: :idea:

Give me about a month and I'll be ready to send out a few pair to AC members.  EML mesh plate 2A3's, anyone?  :wink:

Vinnie

Vinnie as you know I have disavowed being a tube roller of any sort but in preparing to receive my pre-order of the DHT Pre module, I confess that I have been researching and reading up on different tubes.  I read a glowing report on the Emission Labs 45's.  Just planting a seed! :D

Vinnie R.

« Reply #118 on: 7 Jun 2016, 04:37 pm »
Vinnie as you know I have disavowed being a tube roller of any sort but in preparing to receive my pre-order of the DHT Pre module, I confess that I have been researching and reading up on different tubes.  I read a glowing report on the Emission Labs 45's.  Just planting a seed! :D

Hi yardbird4,

I'll have to check those out next!  I'll contact George Lens (Tubesusa / importer of Emission Labs) and see if I can get a pair...

This weekend I also met Rachel of Grant Fidelity.  She imports Psvane and Shuguang Treasure tubes from Asia (a few different models of 2A3 and 300B, as well as 101D/205D replica tubes), so I hope to try those out in the future as well!

All,

I landed at midnight in Boston and was back home at 1am.  We're building DHT PRE kits and hope to start shipping early next week.  All parts should be in by the end of this week (including top panels and tube covers).  I'm also finalizing the installation manual for those who are upgrading their DHT PRE. 

Website will be updated with new pics and a cleaner layout soon as well - hopefully in just a couple of weeks.

More soon!

Vinnie

jriggy

« Reply #119 on: 8 Jun 2016, 03:03 pm »
Hey Vinnie,

Post pics of the tube covers whenever you get the chance. Hoping to see both looks. I still need to choose my color  :scratch:

Thanks!