5 year old 7bsst's

whatsthisone

5 year old 7bsst's
« on: 19 Nov 2010, 10:55 pm »
I am looking at purchasing some 5 year old 7bsst’s.  I know there are differences in the 7bsst’s along the way.  Are there any known issues/problems with the 2005 7bsst’s that cause people to avoid these?  I believe that at some point there was an output choke update/modification available for the 7bsst’s.  What should I look for when considering the purchase of 5 year old 7bsst’s?  I own the following Bryston products but have been considering getting some 7bsst’s for some time (2 4bsst’s, B60R, 2B-LP, BP-20, BP5).  What would be a fair price per amp if they are in good functional/cosmetic condition?

Any input is appreciated.

RonCH

Re: 5 year old 7bsst's
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2010, 11:13 am »
I am looking at purchasing some 5 year old 7bsst’s.  I know there are differences in the 7bsst’s along the way.  Are there any known issues/problems with the 2005 7bsst’s that cause people to avoid these?  I believe that at some point there was an output choke update/modification available for the 7bsst’s.  What should I look for when considering the purchase of 5 year old 7bsst’s?  I own the following Bryston products but have been considering getting some 7bsst’s for some time (2 4bsst’s, B60R, 2B-LP, BP-20, BP5).  What would be a fair price per amp if they are in good functional/cosmetic condition?

Any input is appreciated.
About 2 years ago I bought second hand 7BSST's.  They too are 2005 models and I paid just a bit less the 50% of the new price.  I'm still amazed by the sound that these amps produce and that such powerful amplifiers can be so accurate and sound so good even at low listening levels. 

I've never had any personal experience, heard or read of any problems with these ampifiers.

Good luck with your purchase.

regards

Ron

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2010, 11:21 am »
I bought my 14BSST and 6BSST amps when they were less than a year old about 6-7 years back.  Very happy.  You can look at Audiogon for pricing of items

whatsthisone

« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2010, 08:40 pm »
86 -  :o
« Last Edit: 9 Oct 2011, 02:43 am by whatsthisone »

Levi

« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2010, 03:38 am »
Congrats!  It is the deal of the year 2010.  :thumb: 

I placed mine close to the speakers so I can run short speaker cables for better driver control.  Bryston has a new speaker cables out for sale that will not break the bank.