BP26 date code

whatsthisone

BP26 date code
« on: 10 Mar 2013, 12:15 am »
I can not find a serial number or date code on the outside of this thing anywhere.  Opened it up and this is what I find.  I assume the date code is the 21st week in 2005.  Is this correct?  Thanks.

BP26

BrysTony

Re: BP26 date code
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2013, 01:12 am »
The serial number plate along with the manuf. date code is on the bottom of the unit.

Tony

whatsthisone

« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2013, 01:18 am »
The serial number plate along with the manuf. date code is on the bottom of the unit.

Tony

That is what I have read.  There is no plate on the bottom of this unit, and no sign that there ever was one.  How was the plate connected to the bottom?

If the "assembly date" is 521 (21st week of 2005) wouldn't that be near the beginning of production of the BP26?

whatsthisone

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2013, 04:14 am »
Perhaps James would be kind enough to confirm that based on the internal assembly date of 521, that the date code is the 21st week of 2005.  Thanks in advance.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2013, 11:41 am »
Perhaps James would be kind enough to confirm that based on the internal assembly date of 521, that the date code is the 21st week of 2005.  Thanks in advance.

Hi

Email Mike Pickett with this = mpickett@bryston.com

The assembly date would be the manufacture date but not sure why the date would not be on the outside as well - maybe near the serial number?  It is usually silk screened on the chassis.

james

whatsthisone

« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2013, 02:36 pm »
Hi

Email Mike Pickett with this = mpickett@bryston.com

The assembly date would be the manufacture date but not sure why the date would not be on the outside as well - maybe near the serial number?  It is usually silk screened on the chassis.

james

Thanks for the response.  I sent an email.  Now it looks like I will need to get an MPS-2 and BDP-2 to go along with it.  Bryston really should get a dealer in the Puget Sound area.  People that listen to my Bryston gear love it, but I think they are hesitant on ordering gear, as opposed to picking it up in person.