Difference between ONE.2 and TWO.2

kwatch

Difference between ONE.2 and TWO.2
« on: 8 Dec 2010, 10:20 pm »
What are the main differences between ONE.2 and TWO.2?

srb

Re: Difference between ONE.2 and TWO.2
« Reply #1 on: 8 Dec 2010, 10:46 pm »
"This amp [TWO.2] differs from the outstanding ONE.2 in three significant ways. Larger and slightly smoother bulk reserve cap. All-copper signal path, right through speaker outputs. Ultra-transparent Auricap input-caps standard (2.2uF).

Note that if using the high-pass filter, the caps will be VirtuCaps (0.1uF). For those customers who wish to use other input caps (Mundorf, Sonicaps, Claricaps) we have also made a non-Auricap version available for $40 less."
http://store.virtueaudio.com/product-p/vrtu-ia-vatwo.2-pbf-1.htm  (from Description)

http://store.virtueaudio.com/category-s/27.htm

Steve

se-riously

« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2010, 12:33 am »
And the Two.2 has a silver "Virtue Audio" emblem below the power button, while a One.2 is red.   :green:

mcgarick

« Reply #3 on: 9 Dec 2010, 01:28 am »
Good Question!

In hindsight I wish I had just bought the Two.2 because I want the better caps......
But I didn't, I'm getting my caps upgraded to Sonicaps right now...
This with my big a%s power supply, should kick sonic B@$t

I would just go for the TWO.2 if I could do it all over again....

The standard ONE.2 I have was good enough, that I thought I should get the better caps. My main amps are an Accuphase stack, so I'm a tough customer to please, the Accuphase lacks for nothing really.
I just bought this for fun.

I really like the Virtue amp though, and I expect with the cap upgrade and a bigger PS this system should SHINE!

These are fun amps.

Kinda like an Accuphase Mini-me ;^)

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #4 on: 9 Dec 2010, 02:14 am »
I did a TWO.2 with Auricaps and 30/130 power supply...plenty of power with actually more then I need and the Auricaps bring a bit of warmth to the sound. When I was tweaking and comparing the different caps by using the 80hz filter or going full range I consistently found the Auricaps sounded better to me, a bit more relaxed.
Either way they sound great, once they break in your good to go!!!