FS: Oppo BDP-95. Mint and still under warranty $800

ajayrav

FS: Oppo BDP-95. Mint and still under warranty $800
« on: 18 Dec 2012, 10:43 pm »
If you are reading this you know how incredible this player is and how it truly is a universal disc player (Blu-Ray and SACD too) and an audio streamer rolled in one. It has won almost every accolade possible and is a Stereophile A+ rated component. This machine was always in a cabinet and has seen maybe a 100 hours of use. It was bought mid February of this year from Audio Advisor and is still under warranty. I am selling to upgrade to something more expensive. Of course, all accessories, manual and original box is included. You won't find a player like this in better condition....I am an audiophile and like to baby my equipment!

Buyer pays shipping and PayPal only, please. I'll absorb the PayPal fees.  I am firm on the price.

Here are some reviews...

"Oppo's universal players have earned a reputation for versatility and value, with each new model offering better features and sound quality than the last. Even so, we see Oppo's $999 BDP-95 as a watershed product that, through sheer sonic excellence, establishes a new performance benchmark for digital players. . .the BDP-95 sounds stunning for the money, making it our Budget Component of the Year!"
-- The Absolute Sound, Product of the Year Issue, January 2011

Oppo has been hard at work this year. Instead of resting on their laurels Oppo spent the year with their heads down working on the "next best Blu-ray player." The new Oppo BDP-95 is the now the new standard in Blu-ray players under a grand. This new player now streams video (Netflix, Vudu, and others). The Oppo BDP-95 plays back 3D material with unparalleled quality, Oppo even added two HDMI outputs.

"The BDP-95 is the player to beat if you are looking for a reference grade universal disc player. I have not had another under-$5,000 player in my system that could outdo the OPPO with its audio performance. Without a doubt there will be some new players released from established audiophile brands that are based on a new OPPO player; some of them may even offer better performance but they will undoubtedly come at a much higher price"
-- Brian Kahn, Home Theater Review

This is the audiophile version, so Oppo added the newest ESS Sabre DAC dual chipsets, which enhanced the sound of the player dramatically. For CD, SACD, and DVD-A playback, the BDP-95 is even tougher to beat. Oppo also added balanced stereo outputs and improved the power supply section with a large toroidal transformer at its core. The video performance also gets a big upgrade, this player upscales DVD better than players twice the price. The BDP-95's native Blu-ray playback is quite simply the industry standard. We expect to start seeing another round of glowing reviews shortly. Our highest recommendation!

"Many dedicated Blu-ray players are restricted sonically. The Oppo universal, mercifully, is a very different animal. Simply put, those analogue inputs sing with anything you care to play on it -- our modest expectations were surpassed. The BDP-95 is one of the best universal players we've seen and represents excellent value for money."
-- Martin Pipe, Tech Radar

"Flawless playback of Blu-ray 2D and 3D discs; audiophile analog performance for less than $1k; outstanding build quality and first-class customer service. This is certainly a phenomenal bargain for those who are passionate about their music and want best-in-class Blu-ray performance all in one machine."
-- David Vaughn, Home Theater Magazine

"Its already clear to me that Oppo has made a leap forward with this model: a universal player that deserves consideration by serious audiophiles. It wasn't possible for me to assess the BDP-95s performance in comparison with much pricier players, but I don't see how any of them could embarrass it. In fact, its outstanding sound quality and $999 price might just embarrass them!"
-- Kalman Rubinson, Stereophile, September 2011 Cover Story