BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD

vladacasa

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREADhe
« Reply #1460 on: 5 Oct 2019, 10:40 am »
Hello,
I've sett the display of my BDP2 (with IAD) to go off after 10 sec. Recently it does go off for just a moment and then on again, repeatedly. In this status the commands from the fascia are not responding, until with up / left I enter the settings and reconfigure the display off again. Each time I restart the player it does the same.
I've put the display off.
I've run the latest updates systematically.
Any hints?
Kind regards,
Vlad

gil99

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1461 on: 6 Oct 2019, 02:51 pm »
Hi all,
In manic moose how to delete the song in the Favorites playlist created with the star besides the player controls at the top of media player.
Thank you.

elothe

« Reply #1462 on: 12 Oct 2019, 05:53 pm »
Hi there,

Try going in to your router settings and assigning your BDP a static IP address on your network.

I found that this kept everything connected and reachable more than the default settings.

Evan

This definitely solved the problem. The BDP-1 has been accessible and ready to play ever since I made the switch 12 days ago. Thanks again.

Gerard

Re: BRYSTON BDP-1/2 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREADhe
« Reply #1463 on: 16 Oct 2019, 11:24 pm »
Hello,
I've sett the display of my BDP2 (with IAD) to go off after 10 sec.

I am very curious how you set the display to go off after 10s ??? I have also a BDP-2 with IAD.

Regards, Gerard

BigGeek

« Reply #1464 on: 19 Oct 2019, 09:25 pm »
Press up arrow and left arrow at the same time.

Gerard

« Reply #1465 on: 20 Oct 2019, 12:12 am »
Nice! Thanks! :)
Are there other hidden features not mentioned in the manual for the BDP-2?
Regards, Gerard

OTM

« Reply #1466 on: 4 Dec 2019, 08:22 pm »
If you have the Bryston DB enabled then Media Player will will link pdf's to the default view and the albums in the artist view if they are available.  on the default view you see a blue line across the bottom of the cover art in the centre of the page and on the artist view each album has a menu and if a booklet is available it will have an item in the menu called booklet.  Also enabling the music scrapper will check the musicbrainz database for booklets as well, there are aren't many but its picked up a few for my library.

Chris

the booklets show up under Artist View but there is no "blue line" across the bottom of the cover art to click on for the booklet.
 this is the same on win 10, ipad, and mac OS 10.13.6

edit:

just found out that if you double click or tap on the cover art then you will see a blue bar with tabs across the top of the cover art

-- however there is no tab for booklet even though the pdf file is there.

bdp2 S2.42 2019-12-02

any ideas?
thanks
David
« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2019, 03:51 pm by OTM »

jkjerry

« Reply #1467 on: 5 Dec 2019, 03:55 pm »
Hi all,

I just installed the firmware update (S2.42 2019-12-02) for my BDP-2 and see that there have been some previous firmware updates that include being able to stream Radio Paradise.

My question is: How do I actually get to stream Radio Paradise?

I've gone into the Rock dropdowns on bRadio and have not been able to find Radio Paradise.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.  Jerry

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: BRYSTON BDP-1 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1468 on: 6 Dec 2019, 03:07 pm »
Manic Moose (S2.XX) introduced support for exFat and is the ideal filesystem if you want to be able to move your drive from device to device; including the BDP, PC's and Macs.  Fat32 can be used to create partitions as large as 2TB, the BDP will do it; but exFat is still the superior file system to NTFS and Fat32 for this application, in my opinion.

Chris

^^^^

The USB formating is interesting, I have just bought two pendrives a 128GB and 64GB to start putting my music on and under Windows 7 you only have the options of NTFS and exFAT. I would really like the option to push and pull files from the drive. James will exFAT become supported or the ability to push to NTFS?

Has anyone experimented with using a utility to force FAT32 onto a larger drive?

Cheers

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1469 on: 6 Dec 2019, 03:11 pm »
Hi all,

I just installed the firmware update (S2.42 2019-12-02) for my BDP-2 and see that there have been some previous firmware updates that include being able to stream Radio Paradise.

My question is: How do I actually get to stream Radio Paradise?

I've gone into the Rock dropdowns on bRadio and have not been able to find Radio Paradise.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.  Jerry

Media Player now has a radio streaming option found in the default view (under music library) that currently includes bRadio (shoutcast) stations and Radio Paradise lossless.

Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1470 on: 6 Dec 2019, 04:08 pm »
the booklets show up under Artist View but there is no "blue line" across the bottom of the cover art to click on for the booklet.
 this is the same on win 10, ipad, and mac OS 10.13.6

edit:

just found out that if you double click or tap on the cover art then you will see a blue bar with tabs across the top of the cover art

-- however there is no tab for booklet even though the pdf file is there.

bdp2 S2.42 2019-12-02

any ideas?
thanks
David

Not sure, could be a bug that's preventing the firmware from realizing the pdf exists.  Could you place the unit into service mode and email us the service id along with an album exhibiting the problem?

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Chris

Pundamilia

« Reply #1471 on: 6 Dec 2019, 05:23 pm »
Hi Chris,

Sorry to raise another issue with the update. i have noticed another "anomaly" since the latest firmware update: I cannot see the button to get to the Dashboard. Also, the volume adjustment slider appears to be unresponsive (in light of the hit that creates on the resolution, maybe that isn't such a bad thing!). I am using a Mac and have tried three different browsers that all show the same behaviour.   :cry:

OTM

« Reply #1472 on: 6 Dec 2019, 05:54 pm »
Hi
Dashboard appears OK on my Macair, pc win10 and ipad
bdp-2
David

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1473 on: 6 Dec 2019, 08:08 pm »
Hi Chris,

Sorry to raise another issue with the update. i have noticed another "anomaly" since the latest firmware update: I cannot see the button to get to the Dashboard. Also, the volume adjustment slider appears to be unresponsive (in light of the hit that creates on the resolution, maybe that isn't such a bad thing!). I am using a Mac and have tried three different browsers that all show the same behaviour.   :cry:

I'll check the volume slider Monday, we moved the back to dashboard button to the lower left corner when the volume slider is enabled.  This was a change made for the BDA-3.14.  In the mean time you could try clearing your cache if you haven't already.

Chris

jkjerry

« Reply #1474 on: 7 Dec 2019, 08:16 pm »
Media Player now has a radio streaming option found in the default view (under music library) that currently includes bRadio (shoutcast) stations and Radio Paradise lossless.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks much! Upon reading your message and still not seeing it (I was looking for Radio Paradise under the "Dashboard/bRadio/Rock" area), I was convinced it was something I was doing wrong (which was correct).  I did not realize that it is actually located in the "Media Player/Add Files/Radio" area.

I've found it and my wife and I are very grateful. We both love Radio Paradise and love that it is an included option to listen to with my BDP-2 player (which I love too by the way).

Thanks much and have a safe, wonderful holiday season!

Jerry

Offthegrid

« Reply #1475 on: 21 Dec 2019, 07:06 am »
 Please excuse my stupid BDP-1 question.  I recently purchased a used unit.  I was under the impression I could control it remotely with my Android phone.  I have internet cell service but no wifi, no wired internet.  Am I destined to 'use the buttons'?

Thanks much.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1476 on: 21 Dec 2019, 11:50 am »
Please excuse my stupid BDP-1 question.  I recently purchased a used unit.  I was under the impression I could control it remotely with my Android phone.  I have internet cell service but no wifi, no wired internet.  Am I destined to 'use the buttons'?

Thanks much.

Hi Offthegrid (love the name).

You need wifi to use the remote GUI in the BDP-1.  The best way if you want to be off the grid is to use what I call the 'man cave option' - which is to buy a cheap router and connect it directly to the BDP-1. 

Its what I do at audio shows. You will not have access to streaming radio stations or music sources like Qobuz and Tidal etc though because the router is not connected to the internet.

james

Offthegrid

« Reply #1477 on: 21 Dec 2019, 05:22 pm »
Hi James:

Thanks much for the prompt reply.
If you would, please recommend a cheap router and describe how I would implement.  I'm new to this streaming thing, mainly a 2 channel SACD guy.

And I am truly off the grid, microhydro with lots of clean dedicated audio power ☺

Paul

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1478 on: 21 Dec 2019, 05:52 pm »
Hi James:

Thanks much for the prompt reply.
If you would, please recommend a cheap router and describe how I would implement.  I'm new to this streaming thing, mainly a 2 channel SACD guy.

And I am truly off the grid, microhydro with lots of clean dedicated audio power ☺

Paul

Hi Paul

Setting Up A Dedicated Router With Bryston BDP Digital Player

Set-up Instructions if you do not have a “Local Home Network” or simply wish to operate your Bryston BDP Digital Player as an isolated system from other surrounding local networks.

1. Plug in your Router to a power source

2. Plug the Ethernet cable into one of the (RJ45) ‘LAN OUTLETS’ on the rear of the router (NOT THE WAN OR INTERNET INLET) - usually there is only one ‘Wan’ inlet and 4-5 grouped ‘LAN’ outlets present on most routers.

3. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet input on the rear of the BDP Digital Player

4. Turn on the BDP Digital Player (will take about a minute or two to fully boot-up)

5. Open up the WEB-BROWSER on your interface (iPhone, iPad, iTouch, Computer etc.) and enter the IP Address of the attached router.

6. The Bryston Web-Interface will show up and you can select the Bryston interface.

7. The Bryston web-browser will load showing what content is present on the Bryston BDP-1 NOTE: If your wireless connection between the BDP and the Wireless Device (Computer, iPad, iPhone, iTouch etc.) does not connect then you may have to configure your router per the manufacturers instructions.You configure your router by connecting your router to yourcomputer and follow the manufacturers instruction in the router manual to make sure the ‘Wireless Option’ is configured and activated.

A.P.A

« Reply #1479 on: 30 Dec 2019, 02:58 pm »
Hey Guys...
Curious as if your able to stream "Master" quality music on tidal through your BDP? I understand your login credentials are made on the BDP user settings via web interface for tidal and or Roon and technically you should playback "Master" quality streams on tidal. I noticed that some devices do not support "Master" quality

feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
A.P.A