Is Spatial Audio Adding A New Product Line?

Mr. Big

Re: Is Spatial Audio Adding A New Product Line?
« Reply #20 on: 4 Jun 2023, 08:02 pm »
Hi Michael
I had been sitting on a couple quads of Shuguang Dawning series WE300B Plus tubes for a few years in anticipation of building my own 300b.  Of course, that factory burned soon after I got those, plus I was a big fan of the Dawning we6sn7plus so I had a quad of those.  I used them in the Sachs pre.  In Don's 300b I use the Dawning 300b's.  They've beat out the PSVANE Acme, the Linlai WE 300b, and the Gold Lions.  I have a quad of Linlai Elite 300b that are an excellent tube also.  They, like the Dawnings, have about a 25% higher emission rate and Don's amp seems to respond to that.  The Dawnings just are a bit more to my liking but the Elites are no slouch either. Great dynamics, especially in the bass, and huge soundstage, along with very balanced and natural mids and highs.  Never heard an amp so lifelike in its re-production.  Another guy who has one of the very few stereo units loves the Linlai reproduction we300b's.
As for PC?  I tried stuff I already owned.  I'm not a guy who is going to spend 2500 or 3500 for a power cord.  I've had good luck with value priced pc's.  I started with an Anticable 2.  It was ok.  Then the Anticable 3.  Huge change in the base response with there actually being too much for me.  Then I tried a Wireworld (don't remember the model) and it was too bloated in the midrange.  Next up a High Fidelity Cable CT2.  Nice cable but a bit clinical.  A bit of sibilance and edge on the high end.  Then I tried a Morrow series 4 that I had relegated to powering a sub because I never liked it in anything else.  And BANG!.....that was it.  It had everything that I was looking for.  My nephew brought over a couple of his pcs that were both 3 times the cost of the Morrow and he even agreed the Morrow checked all the boxes.  The change in all of them was so evident I was very surprised .  Never heard a PC change a piece of equipment like that.  It was immediate and obvious.
Anyway...the tube array is Linlai Elite 6sn7s.  Dawning 300b plus.  And a delightful quad of NOS TungSol 6v6 black glass from the 40's that I had in my collection.

Power cords are a crap shoot, you never know when you did not like one before on certain gear might be magic on another. And because they say HC power cord give it a try on front-end gear. I hang on to several power cords and every once in a while I pull a few and give them a go on gear I never had tried them on before. When they match it's really something to hear, more improvement than buying a new piece of gear sometimes. All gear sound is driven by its power supply the better and beefer it is the better it sound and that goes from front-end gear to of course amps. Feed its power supply.

lazbisme

« Reply #21 on: 12 Jun 2023, 01:01 am »
The show has to be over by now and I can find not one single comment on anything "Spatial" or "Sachs"????  What am I missing??

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #22 on: 12 Jun 2023, 01:16 am »
The show has to be over by now and I can find not one single comment on anything "Spatial" or "Sachs"????  What am I missing??

The show is Pacific Audio Fest (PAF). It begins June 23 and ends Sunday, June 25. Here is the link: https://www.pacificaudiofest.com/

I anticipate arriving by 1:00 on Friday and staying until approximately 3:00 pm Sunday afternoon if you (or anyone else) happen to be there.

Michael

paolocaminiti

« Reply #23 on: 12 Jun 2023, 08:47 pm »
But we are seriously impressed in what this wide brand driver can do in an open baffle configuration. It begins with the Q6 and we will be expanding upon it with more models in the future.

Wait what is this Q6? Is information in some other thread I missed?

Great to hear one of my favourite companies in hifi is back rolling with new plans!

DaveWin88

« Reply #24 on: 12 Jun 2023, 11:08 pm »

It's a updated? M6. Two ten in drivers and a full range smaller driver taking care of the mid-highs. Could be a killer combo seeing that the mid-highs will be open (dipole) and not a hard surface like the M100 :)
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2023, 05:01 pm by DaveWin88 »

Daryl Zero

« Reply #25 on: 13 Jun 2023, 01:43 am »

Great to hear one of my favourite companies in hifi is back rolling with new plans!

To be unveiled at PAF.

See this thread. https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=185923.0