Jean’s Von Schweikert VR10-MKII-system incl. VAC Signature 200 IQ mono amps.

kmmd

Beautiful!  That must sound incredible!  Are you using the Trinnov as your preamp for two channel as well?  Have you tried a VAC preamp instead?

Boy, at some point, I’ll have to get a 200iQ for my system.

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
Beautiful!  That must sound incredible!  Are you using the Trinnov as your preamp for two channel as well?  Have you tried a VAC preamp instead?

Boy, at some point, I’ll have to get a 200iQ for my system.

Thank you for your compliment. Currently the system is, in my opinion, playing at a level of combined musicality and accuracy that I consider to be very rare in view of all the systems that I experienced in the last 30 years. Nevertheless, it is still music reproduction and not the real thing (and it will never be).

I use the Trinnov indeed also as pre-amplifier for 2-channel. There was a long time that I was thinking about two different set-ups: one for stereo and one for multichannel. After evaluating the Trinnov I considered it being so good, that I decided to proceed with only one set-up (that was more than 4 years ago).

I experienced VAC last year at the high-end in Munich (VS VR11 + VAC 450 IQ’s) after already evaluating many other power amplifiers in my own system. Eventually the Signature 200 IQ’s appeared to be the best match in my system in view of all my preferences.

Although a VAC pre-amplifiers seems to be tempting, I will not proceed that path as I do not use any analogue source and will not proceed in that direction and furthermore the Von Schweikert system is a 4 tower system (2 x main tower and 2 x bass tower; so four mono amplifiers), which is nearly impossible to properly drive without using all the features within the Trinnov, like active crossover sections, delays, cross over filters, et cetera. After four months I am still tweaking the Trinnov to get the most music out of my system.

If you have the possibility the get a (pair of) 200 IQ(’s), go for it! I can not imagine that you will ever regret such a decision.

Best regards, Jan

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Re: Jean’s Von Schweikert VR10-MKII-system + Trinnov Altitude32
« Reply #62 on: 11 Oct 2019, 08:12 pm »

VAC works for me too :thumb:
Out with the old, in with the new 8)

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Thank you for your compliment. Currently the system is, in my opinion, playing at a level of combined musicality and accuracy that I consider to be very rare in view of all the systems that I experienced in the last 30 years. Nevertheless, it is still music reproduction and not the real thing (and it will never be).

I use the Trinnov indeed also as pre-amplifier for 2-channel. There was a long time that I was thinking about two different set-ups: one for stereo and one for multichannel. After evaluating the Trinnov I considered it being so good, that I decided to proceed with only one set-up (that was more than 4 years ago).

I experienced VAC last year at the high-end in Munich (VS VR11 + VAC 450 IQ’s) after already evaluating many other power amplifiers in my own system. Eventually the Signature 200 IQ’s appeared to be the best match in my system in view of all my preferences.

Although a VAC pre-amplifiers seems to be tempting, I will not proceed that path as I do not use any analogue source and will not proceed in that direction and furthermore the Von Schweikert system is a 4 tower system (2 x main tower and 2 x bass tower; so four mono amplifiers), which is nearly impossible to properly drive without using all the features within the Trinnov, like active crossover sections, delays, cross over filters, et cetera. After four months I am still tweaking the Trinnov to get the most music out of my system.

If you have the possibility the get a (pair of) 200 IQ(’s), go for it! I can not imagine that you will ever regret such a decision.

Best regards, Jan
Hi Jean,
I love my IQ 200 VAC's!  Let me know when your ready to take those speakers to an entirely different playing field 8)

I can only imagine how those sound with the VAC's

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
Hi Jean,
I love my IQ 200 VAC's!  Let me know when your ready to take those speakers to an entirely different playing field 8)

I can only imagine how those sound with the VAC's

Thanks. I can only confirm that Von Schweikert and VAC is just an awesome combination. At this moment there is no need or feeling that I still want to change anything to the setup, which is very relaxing. Just focus on enjoying the content which is possible via my NAS and a subscription to Qobuz sublime.

Best regards, Jan

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
Hi everyone,

In the meantime a lot changed in my set-up, but the Von Schweikert VR10’s are still there :D.

I am curious if there are more VS-enthousiasts who have a surround set-up (especially having larger VS’s as fronts) and if so, what are you using as rear and height speakers?

Currently I use Dynaudio Confidence C4’s as rears and a Velodyne DD-18 (subwoofer).

Best regards, Jan